
This is my first time joining on this, Suggested to me by Kathy. Well here goes :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Noah Webster was born this week back in 1758....besides the online version, do you own a dictionary? Do you ever use the hardback copy or is your hunt for a definition strictly online these days? I have several dictionaries around my house, even a dictionary of cliches, though I do not use then as frequently. Now I have a dictionary app on my phone I use or the internet. With the slang and acronym use these days UrbanDictionary has came in helpful a few times.
2. Should public schools ban Halloween celebrations? What about other holiday celebrations currently under fire?
Personally I see no harm is allowing kids to be kids. It's truly said how the spirit of celebrating anything gets trampled upon by political correctness or fear of offending or being offended.
EDIT: I just have to add in an afterthought: I really think people should research history of holidays/celebration. Most are so misconstrued. It can be so eye opening and heartbreaking at the same time the transformations that have occurred over many many years and cultures. Everything has so many different meanings to so many different people. So in the end it boils down to how you view it.
3. What's your favorite 'dog' movie?
Hachi:A Dog's Tale This is one of those movies that makes you cry. It's slower in style than I can usually handle but this movie just reached into my heart. Even hubby cried.
4. When were you last somewhere you'd describe as 'too quiet'?
Yesterday. In my house. As I wrote a blog post.
5. Are you a neat cook or a messy cook? In other words do you clean as you go or make a big mess and then deal with it later?
This is one area hubby and I are complete opposites, though I am rubbing off on him. I am an OCD neat cook! I clean as I go and am very meticulous about how things are prepped, done and cleaned up. The only excusable "mess" for me is for the dirty dishes to pile up in one side of the sink. Don't you dare put something in my empty side.
6. Did you hear about Felix Baumgartner, the skydiver who broke the sound barrier via parachute? Was your first thought COOL! or was your first thought CRAZY! Are you adventurous?
My first thought I heard this was Awesome! Glad to see daredevils still exsist but not in the cheesy way if you know what I mean. What I found really cool was hearing the guy whose record he broke was in his ear the whole time. Very humbling no doubt. As for myself, it all depends on the situation. When out in the woods or behind a camera I am adventurous, but if dealing with crowds I am not.
7. What's not a word but should be?
Creativist. It's a word I been using for 10+ years for I refuse to call myself an artist. But I do love to create stuff artistically.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts......
I really enjoyed this and will be back next week! Can't wait to make the rounds visiting everyone else to see their response, though that may have to wait till tomorrow I need to start dinner, well ummm need to figure dinner out first. Oiy what a slacker I have been today.
8 blogments:
Welcome to the Hodgepodge! Glad you joined in today : )
My hubs and I are opposites in the kitchen too...he likes to walk behind me and wipe up my spills. I see them, and know I'll get to them while whatever I'm putting together is baking, but he needs neat.and.tidy.all.the.time.
Enjoy your day!
Thank you :)
I am guilty of going in behind Hubby as he is cooking to clean LOL This caused the rule of " no one may enter kitchen when another is cooking. Granted the dogs refuse to follow this rule.
Thankfully Hubby and I are both delightfully and peaceably messy. Not super messy, mind you, but just enough to be comfortable, when one owns three dogs!
Thanks for stopping by!
I like your word a lot! And Hachi...the tears!!! I've seen it five times and it still gets me. I love that movie. I wish I was neater in the kitchen as I cook. I'm getting better!
Oh - the putting dirty dishes on the wrong side of the sink drives me nuts! Now every time Biz starts to put something down he looks at me and says "EVERYBODY knows that dirty dishes go on the left side" - guess I've yelled that at him just a few times - but I've just about got him broke of it.
When owning dogs I have come to learn the definition of "clean" vastly changes lol
I've only been able to watch twice. The second time the tears started five minutes in, I was doomed. Only reason I have become OCD is having to constantly be the one to clean up, so I've just made my job easier lol
Got love "breaking" others in. Took me 12 years to get hubby to take the trash out without being told. Still working on getting him to wipe down the stove while it is still warm after he cooks. :)
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.