1. How often do you shop for groceries? Do you shop in one place or many?
Typically once a week, with a few little stops when it turns up something is needed. I shop the sales and do the coupon thing stretching our dollars as far as they can go. It has been an advantage as well having only one vehicle, so I prep and plan the list giving it to hubby to pick up on the way home from work. This has prevent splurge spending, though the unadvertised sales get missed it, many dollars are saved due to hubby sticking to the list.
2. How old were you when you had your first taste of alcohol?
I am not certain of the exact age, possibly around age 10, it was at a family holiday gathering on my mother's side. Wine would be served with the dinner the younger you were the lighter the liquid in your glass would be. I am not sure at what age you were allowed to have the wine mixed in your glass but I was able to have a sip prior to that rite of passage.
3. How much TV do you watch?
When left to myself I refrain from watching tv, I can NOT stand anything with commercials , though there are a few shows I enjoy watching regularly: Bones, Big Bang, NCIS, and Criminal Minds. Hubby it the tv watcher. We will watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy together competing. We use to keep a score book for Jeopardy, I would constantly kick his butt, we stopped doing that though.I sometimes turn on movies when the house is too quiet.
4. How do you relieve stress?
Sometimes with a cup of tea, reading a book, or zoning out playing bingo online. For extreme times there is the hot shower and a good cry. Though I have found my magic weapon when it comes to stress or depression- Just seeing my niece, Mo, lifts my spirits where I soar. She is my little bundle of sunshine and I can't not help but be happy, joyful and filled with love in her presence. To see her face light up when she sees me and the unconditional love she pours forth in my direction is pure wonderment!
5. Going off question 4 this week, do you have a chant, mantra, song, or saying that gets you through tough situation or times? If so care to share?
For me, I use various ones depending on situation. Most often is " Just keep Swimming! Just Keep swimming!" When it comes to people pissing me off it can range from, "It's not worth going to jail." or humming Not Ready to Make Nice by Dixie Chicks. When dealing with traffic as a driver or passanger, I have tourette like phrases that comes out to calm myself down at peoples' stupidity.

11 blogments:
The little train that could - I find myself saying "I think I can, I think I can" over and over to myself when I'm struggling with something.
I find myself chanting the serenity prayer... or at least part of it....
I count, as high as I need to, when standing up from a sitting position or lifting something. It makes living with a disability, which can be incredibly stressful,easier.
I also use the mantra "Don't think. Don't look." when using some public restrooms! :)
My mantra - there is a solution to every problem.
Popped in from Monday Quiz About Me.
thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com
I always liked the poem called the Man in the Glass though the Serenity prayer works really well too.
P.S. Thanks for participating in the MQAM and we invite you to please come back next week.
WWJD - What would Jesus do?
"Do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
(Isaiah 41:10)
I guess my mantra would be God is in control and will help me through anything He allows to come into my life.
Ha If I am mad at my husband I sing "take your cat and leave my sweater we've got nothing left to weather Ill feel a whole lot better but you'll still think of me"
When I am in a tough situation i say Dear lord please keep your arm around me and your hand on my mouth! AMEN
That is a great question! I usually say, "this will pass".
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.