Yesterday I baked a yummy (well according to hubby) Pumpkin Spice Cake for Hubby to take to work today. I can't stand pumpkin even more so after finding out last year my skin is allergic, so if that wasn't an act of love I don't know what is. I plan on making some pumpkin butter for him as well. You may wonder why make anything with pumpkin if I am allergic and dislike it so? My father grew pumpkins this past year and prepped a bunch for freezing so my deep freezer has tons now, along with zucchini, corn, various peppers and tomatoes.
Baking is one of the reasons I love fall dearly. Summer and spring I dread to cook, even before having a gas stove that heats up the whole house every time in use. Fall on the other hand screams out "Bust out the mixer! Bust out the pans! Time to whip up some yumminess for everyone at hand." And yes a majority must be by scratch! I'm old school what can I say.
Granted here I am itching to bake again today but supplies are low! Yesterday I was able to finagle the recipe to work. I only had dark brown sugar but only half of what was needed, I didn't have buttermilk but found an easy way to make substitute, wrong sized eggs, and just enough cloves. But according to hubby the cake was delicious with my tweaks. (I am guilty of tweaking every recipe on the fly) So instead of making some yummies I need to work on shopping list for the baking season. Primarily the staples. What items do you keep on hand at all times? Right now I am focusing on the basics and then will add as I go along. I'm so eager to bake. Mmmmm Buttermilk Cake, Hoska, Peanut Butter Cookies, Banana Bread, Nut Rolls, Ginger Bread, Pound Cake, Feathery Chocolate cake...Oh my! ..... I can't wait!

0 blogments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.