1. What do you remember about high-school dances?
What I remember most is hanging out with friends giggling, laughing, and being utterly silly. Hoping I had enough change for a blow pop or reese cups from the concession stands. One dance holds a silly memory for Hubby and I. It was the homecoming dance the week after we "officially" started dating. After the game I headed to the dance with some friends while he was in the locker room changing out of his game gear. Standing there waiting and waiting noticing some of the players already joining the dance I stepped outside to look around for Hubby. Suddenly the homecoming king (one of the football players and mutual friend) comes over and starts chatting with me then drags me to the dance floor. Later I learned this was a diversion for Hubby had forgotten about me and was en-route to the buffet where many of the players usually went after games rather than dances or what not after. A fellow player caught up to him and reminded him I was waiting. To this day we tease that our friend saved our marriage before it even began.
2. At whose house would you and your friends usually gather after school-related activities?
Growing up I tried to be away from home as much as possible. My friends and I didn't really hang out at anyone's house we would hang out at other places like the rec center, the community pool or park, at the tennis courts, or walking alot!
3. Who in your school had a memorable nickname?
Honestly I do recall many nicknames of others. There was some mean names like one of the cheerleaders others would refer to her as the Amazon Bush B*tch. There was a popular guy the girls swooned over calling Ken Doll. There was one boy in a class the teacher endearingly called Pookie, she was different from other teachers. She actually wrote a bathroom pass for me on toilet paper that said "Sammie to the Potty."
4. What was your high-school cafeteria like?
Loud! When I was actually there though. Most days I spent lunch periods in the art room. So I was rarely in the lunch room I don't think I ever entered in my Junior or Senor year.
5.Your parents aren’t reading this, so what were some of the crazy (or just memorable) things you or your friends did while driving?
Funny, a few months ago I shared with my dad some of the crazy shit I use to do. It is funny to see the shock on his face. But keeping with the high school theme here, I took my mustang four wheeling in the woods for a party. Long story there but it's no secret I told on myself the following morning to dad when he made a comment I blurted it all out.
Talk about a trip into the past here LOL

1 blogments:
"Amazon Bush Bitch" - haha!
I remember how great it felt to have enough change for a candy bar. Simple joys. :)
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.