Pages

Wednesday, March 6

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. My real life friends came through with another question this week so thank you real life friends. When you've eaten in a restaurant do you complete their comment card? Do you take online surveys highlighted at the bottom of store receipts? 
On the rare events we eat out normally if there is a comment card on the table we will complete it. Other than that I've only done the receipt surveys a few times.

2. The (US) ban on women in combat was lifted at the end of January. It will probably be next year before specifics are worked out, but its been reported over 200,000 front line positions will eventually open up to women.  Your thoughts? 
If a woman is able to separate herself from her sex and forgo such donning the hat, role and responsibility of Soldier then more power to her. The same goes for her male counter parts. When on the battle field I believe one must take on a new mindset else it paves the way for mishaps. 


I really wish they wouldn't make it such a big deal about the sex of a person but the fact they are able bodies meeting or exceeding the requirements.


3.  In looking back at all the blog posts you've written, what's your favorite posttitle? 
Ninja Night Emotions or Sharkbait Hoo ha ha! (the second is a movie quote and I can't help but giggle as I read it in my head like in the movie with a smile) 



4. What's worse-overly permissive parents or overly protective parents?  Did your own parents lean more to the permissive or the protective category?  If you're a parent where do you fall? 
Overly permissive parents. In my opinon a parents job is to guide a child a permissive parent tends to allow too much control in the child's hand rather than guiding them on what is best. 


As for my own parents, well we won't go down that road. Simply put my dad worked nights so rarely saw him and my mother it all depended on the day or personality each day. 


I am not a parent, but a Momma Hen and bordering over protective. If under my roof or I am informed of an outing I will ask all the questions of where will you be, who are you meeting, when should I expect you home, etc. My baby sister is 28 years old and just this past weekend I was watching her daughter for her while she met someone for the first time. I must have her trained for she offered up all the information before I could even ask. After three hours passed, she was just going for lunch, I texted her simply " Momma Hen checking in". It makes me smile that she is thankful for my concern and deals with me and my habits. 


5.  Candlelight-moonlight-firelight-bright lights in the big city...which one's your favorite? 
Ohhh this one is tough for it depends on the setting. Near water I love the combination of Moonlight and Firelight.  On dreary days I love a candle lit. Not a fan though of bright city lights. 


6. Dr. Seuss's birthday was celebrated on Saturday. What's a favorite book you remember (Seuss or otherwise) from your own childhood?  Did books play an important role in your growing up years? Explain. 
Green Eggs & Ham , of course. lol Though not really. I have probably received three dozen copies of that book in my life.  My favorite though was Mr. Pine's Purple House. 


Growing up books were my escape in childhood especially in my teen years. I would simply open the pages and be taken into a different world. I would read in school (but dreaded the assigned reading ) and then during summer could be found at community pool or near a tree reading a book.  Mist of Avalon was one of my favorite teen year reads and oddly enough I enjoyed Canterbury Tales. I would read a wide range of genres tasting everything I could from Classics like Jane Austen to newer authors when I was younger like John Grisham's books and Jurrasic Park , the book not the movie. 

7.  To quote Dr. Seuss...

"From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere." 
from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Share something funny you've recently read, seen or heard.  
This pic that I saw on my FB news feed has been cracking me up: 

"Self-pic, 90's style...Eighteen-Nineties, that is"

I type this  post up the night before saving the random thought for the morning, but gonna add to this with a photo I took of the tv during the news that had me busting up.



Saw this error on the news last night, Huge change from snow forecast, ya errors happen but.....



not even ten minutes later they did it again! The weatherman didn't even remark on the error! You would have thought professionals would have picked up on it the first time and fixed it! LMAO


8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Holy Moly Batman! Crazy wake up  this morning. House was shaking, rattling and there was a grumbling noise outside. In such a slumber state it took a while to process, first the mind thought a plane crashed, then explosion, then a brief moment of an air strike when flashes of light streaked across the bedroom. All these thoughts in only a few seconds before realizing it was thunder. Of course now I am laughing at myself and every time another round of rumbling thunder strikes. So much rain such a bummer it's not snow but that could be a good thing too. Granted it is snowing just ten miles west of me. Praying hard though Hubby is in route to work thirtyish miles west, I'm watching the news and the interstate is one line of traffic and icky. It's gonna be one of those days!  

8 blogments:

Wayne W Smith said...

My wife's favorite childhood book was Mr. Pine's Purple House.

Unknown said...

Wow - that's one crazy weather you've got going there! :-)

April said...

I read Mr. Pine's Purple House to my girls all the time. Great book! I hardly slept a wink last night! The wind was howling like you wouldn't believe...still is!

Conny said...

LOL - that weather screen shot is too funny ... I wonder if someone's head rolled for keeping that up there!!
Ok, never heard of Mr Pine's Purple House ... need to find it ...

Linda H. said...

LOL. Loved the photos. How could the weatherman not have noticed?

Joyce said...

Ha-love that weatherman photo!

I don't know that I've read Mr. Pine's Purple House, but I'm going to look for it now : )

Anonymous said...

i have a much younger sister and am very overprotective of her as well!

Unknown said...

100% agree with your army answer to number two!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.

 
Copyright 2010 Bloggity Blog Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase