Next week begins my niece's spring break. Come Friday her and her mommy will head to the oceanfront for a weekend get away and whale watching trip. My niece is such a simple child, not asking for much usually you have to beg her to give you an idea. Even her letters to Santa have contained only three or four items, even those are simple and small request. Her spring break plans have been the same way. My sister has been trying to plan with her for months now what to do for spring break. Sister wanted week long beach camping trip with visits to museums and fun parks. Niece on the other hand only had two request: Hotel for two nights at the beach and the rest of the week at TiTi's. Cracks me up.
So I have been planning and getting things ready for our week together. Worksheets are printed out, she loves to do school work here. Guess that comes from me home schooling her for Kindergarten prep when they lived here. I try to make any visit here a learning experience even in the simplest of ways from education to life lessons. This is a child that had and in depth conversation about death and afterlife at age three with me.
I am trying to come up with some craft ideas and activities. Most times I play it by ear, with a week though I want an arsenal of options in my pocket. She is content to play on her own as well when here. I am hoping to check out Micheal's this Saturday to see if they have a beginner's/child's cross stitching kit. Last time she was here I made a makeshift needle point hoop for her. Taping fabric to a wood frame and giving her a large needle with some embroidery thread. She has been enjoying sewing lessons. I prefer teaching her usage of needle before heading to sewing machine lessons. I can already tell she will be the kid come middle school and high school sewing her own designs.
Dollar Tree is another stop this weekend while preparing. Good cheap supplies for creativity. Cheap is good for as always money is tight. She enjoys the puzzles from there as well and of course coloring books! May have to grab some books for reading as well. On a previous visit I was tickled to find her sitting on the floor in her room reading a book on her own.
I am so excited her coming to stay and can not wait. I will have a subject as well to play with my camera some. She always makes life interesting and fun.
47 minutes ago
0 blogments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.