Pages

Tuesday, March 5

Wishy Washy, Backy Forthy

To snow, or not to snow. That is the debate so called weather professionals can not agree upon.

In this day of massive technology and progress the simple things have become over-complex with an obscured spectrum of conclusions. Maybe my youth mind simply doesn't recall all the flotsam reports of the past so my older mind is more aware these days. Though in the past week our supposed highs have came in around seven to ten degrees off what was in the forecast, I'm talking the morning of that day not the weekly forecast  The storm system that is to move into our area over night into tomorrow has had so much diversity as to what it will do. Then again weather has always been a tricky thing for this area. Where a simple shift of one aspect or another can radically change things.

As it stands now I have seen reports from independent, local news, national and the big dogs meteorologists reporting anywhere from all rain to ten inches of snow for my area. That's a huge range there. My sister who is only forty five minutes to the west of me is being forcasted for six inches on up of snow. Yes I am jealousy.   For three days up until this morning it was merely a matter of who would get how much snow. Now it's back and forth every hour from snow to rain areas. Oh the joys! Too much dependency on models rather than using experience and intellect from where I sit.

Normally snow is a rarity for us maybe one or two good snows of two to five inches a year. Other wise during winter it is a cold rain or ice/sleet combo. This year we have had half a dozen snowings the most being three inches.  When talks began a week ago about this system I held my breath but began to hope maybe, just maybe, we would get a last burst from winter of a "good" snowing.   Guess we will just have to see what happens. For depending on the weatherman is a fool's act anymore.

0 blogments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.

 
Copyright 2010 Bloggity Blog Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase