When my brain is actually focused it would have to be math, though the brain is a little rusty.
2. Tell us a good 'come back' story. Where you were down but were able to reverse fortunes and come out on top.
The only thing that is coming to my mind here is when my sister passed away. Hubby had missed two weeks of work without pay, spending every last dime to help with the trip out to Nebraska and I slipped into a depression forgoing staying on top of the bills. Once reality returned to me, in some form, we were behind on everything and very close to losing our house. I had to face my conversation anxiety and make calls, write letters and all the joys that go with contacting bill agents to work something out to make it right. Within three months most bills were back on track and after a year with extra added to monthly mortgage payments and adjusting the budget strings our financial situation was back in order. My mental state was able to get things done despite the emotional side still in disarray. It felt good saving the house that has become our home.
3. Which would you rather do: dine or eat?
Depends on my mood at the time, both are fine for food is food. Yum yum.
4. What is one thing the someone close to you does that just annoys the heck out of you?
When anyone puts dishes in the wrong side of the sink. I don't go all spazz on them but it grates my nerves.
My Question for you: We have a major snow system coming our way in the next few days, I've been reading and watching about it for almost a week now but the local news stations just jumped on board this weekend. How do you or those in your area react to incoming Snow Storms? Do you have any special preparations?
(shameless blog post plugging here: If you like animals in the wild take a moment and check out my last post, Sharkbait Hoo Ha Ha! It shares a really cool website I can't stop sharing.)

8 blogments:
Your comeback story is inspiring! That would have been horrible. Glad you came through it.
Our grocery is real close to our house so I don't usually prepare for storms. I like the excitement!
that's a great comeback story!! wow.
As for snow...this is Canada. We just set the shovel by the door and make sure the BBQ propane tank has gas in case the power goes out.
"Snow big deal" :)
We don't get snow storms, per say, but when they start talking about snow on the TV everybody starts freaking out down here. It's almost as bad as when a hurricane is arriving.
I agree that your comeback s6tory is awesome!
We haven't had a major snowstorm in a couple of years! When there is big time snow coming our way, I make sure we have rock salt for the steps and put in a reservation with our plow-guy. Those are key because while I just cancel everything because I'm not going out in it, my husband is a reporter and when there is a critical level storm and everyone who isn't "essential personnel" is told to stay off the roads, he is expected to be on the roads to tell everyone how bad they are. Media folks are considered "essential."
we don't get many snow storms. i haven't seen snow stick on the ground yet this winter. i'm hoping that changes on wednesday!
We don't get snow in South Florida, but during hurricane season I make sure we have canned foods on hand, bottled water, and if the storm is headed this way all the outdoor furniture has to be either brought in or tied down. Anything over a category 2 and the shutters go up as well.
Fortunately, we don't get snow very often--about once every 10 or 12 years. When we do get snow, it paralyzes us because we aren't prepared.
Your story about your wisdom teeth made me cringe. That was some crisis! Glad it worked out well for you. Now I'm worried, since I'm 58 and still have 2 of my wisdom teeth.
In the sunny south here, they close everything. It is pretty funny at times being Canadian and living down here.
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.