So Naturally I was interested to view the Shark Tracker. Though not a Live View in the habitat it has Live updates of locations, which can be a bit alarming. The site it's self is more viewer friendly than Turtle Tracking site I have often visited. Though a majority of the sharks tagged are currently based of the southern coast of Africa there are a few off the east coast of the United States. It is interesting to view where they have been, rather than their most recent ping point.
Growing up at the beach it was always said, if you were chest deep in the water then there was at least one shark between you and the shore. Fret not for despite my frequent trips to the beach not once had I witnessed or even heard of a shark attack on a human there. Still to see proof from these few sharks they do come mighty close to the coast is jaw dropping nonetheless. Such information may very well had prevented me from going in open water now, if not that years back I had already declared to limit if not prevent going in. Has nothing to do with the natural inhabitants but rather a silly phobia of what man made may be in the water and a dislike to my feet touching surprises on the waters floor.
Visiting the Tracker site my mind will ponder upon what causes the shark to take a certain route or why so erratic. What does the shark find so interesting both close to shore and out in the middle of the open blue ocean? I am sure primarily it is food base but the mind still stews.
Take a look for yourself and let me know what your thoughts are!
0 blogments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.