Pages

Tuesday, November 6

Waiting & Making

It would seem this month I am in an "&" mood when it comes to my post titles. Just a little self amusement observing there.

Well instead of watching the clock tick by I have been getting some things done of the Christmas Nature! Which is a tad shocking to me but I am not going to complaining.  Seeing as it turns out this year most of the prop work is for Hubby, I have added a self appointed project for myself. This project is of the gifting nature and I love it. It is actually an idea that has been rolling around in my mind for some time. I've always wanted to give a little gift to all the choir members so that is exactly my project. Musical note ornaments.  But  not that simplistic. I am one who loves things being symbolic, and for sometime now have been working on a series in the creative sense pertaining to mustard seeds. So the message with these ornaments is "...Each Note Planting The Seed..." 

First though needed to find a musical note cookie cutter. Not so simple to do locally, of course found tons online. With limited time and being the wonderful man he is, Hubby made a cutter for me. See picture to the left. He is the best! And it has worked very well! 

So today I started making the ornament dough and have gotten started on the 100+ ornaments I will make. See picture right. Now you may be wondering why there is a hole in the circle part of the note. After I have sand the edges smoothing the final notes out, then paint them black, I will be using a liquid glass to encase a mustard seed with in the note. This is symbolizing the seeds the choir plants through music as they travel the states and world. There actual motto is, “Reaching the World with Love...One Song at a Time". (I would link them , but don't want them finding out about the surprise in store for them at their Christmas show.)

  I'm so giddy with excitment. I know several members will truly get it and love them. I will update the process as I go along.  Currently I am not letting it get to me that they aren't coming out perfectly flat. Normally this would cause me to go all panic and freaking out. I "freak out" so much less these days and love it, It only makes the symbolism so much more- for no one on earth meets perfection.  I'm really wishing I had a small enough heart cutter to make it a heart where the seeds will go. Oh well, dang after thoughts. 

I have several handmade christmas gifts in the works that I haven't really gotten to play with my new camera yet!! Tis busy creativity times!

0 blogments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.

 
Copyright 2010 Bloggity Blog Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase