Pages

Friday, November 9

Swiss Cheese & Chocolate

I am finding myself very thankful and fortunate today. When the world, or at least the US, seems to be still reeling in a tizzy. Rather than sitting around focusing on the so called doom or every little negative out there I am reveling in the specks of positive.

Money is extremely tight for us, though for many this seems to be a shared strife. Still adjusting to hubby's commute and gas needs while getting the budget situated. As it turns out recently his company put him on salary without any notification. We only noticed when he missed a day of work due to Sandy and come payday his paycheck was the same as last.

But as usual I have diverted from my original thought. Money has been tight but this week I have been craving Swiss Cheese from the deli and anything Chocolate, hence my post title. I like keeping a small (extremely small these days) bubble of money holding in our account for surprise events leading me to forgo the urge to satisfy my craving. Come pay day though was another story.


Last night as I had my quarter pound of Swiss cheese slices in front of me with chocolate waiting in reserve I found myself thankful for what many may find trivial. A little moment of luxury rather than necessity. Yes these two items for me are luxuries.  Hubby and I have been working very hard the past several years in attempt to pay off debt from early on in our marriage caused by both necessity and young stupidity. It has been a constant battle to make any progress, but progress is being made. Several debts have been knocked out and hopefully in the next six months more should join the bye bye list. The ironic part though is what we consider an outstanding amount of debt, is nothing in comparison to the average out there, we can't even qualify for "assistance" programs. But for us with the many changes and struggles we have been through it seems insane.

It hasn't been an easy journey. We have had to make sacrifices, be very picky about spending, miss out on many activities, and a hard one for me is gift shopping. I love spoiling others though putting my own foot down on such, one day I will again. ~wink~  Even monitor utility use. Adjust to a few job/pay changes, as well as every changing house fulls. Purchase transportation without adding another debt. Another hard one for me is rationing visiting family due to gas.  It has all been worth it though, we are half way there. Probably over half way I have yet to asset where we stand leaving that as a once (sometimes twice) a year checkpoint at the new year , else I would drive myself insane. I know when all said and done our life will be better off for it.

Still I am very thankful. We have a roof over our head, food in our bellies, clothes on our backs and are surrounded (even if miles apart) with those whom we love and love us in return.  This week I have been working diligently on homemade gifts without the embarrassment such once gave me.  Smiling and adding love to every little step. Sifting through our funds seeing where to tighten for supplies needed. Overly Joyous how much time and thought is going into each item.

Yep in my life I love the Swiss Cheese and Chocolate moments, reminding me in a world of pessimism it's the little things you must hold on to and cherish.  Allowing their small sparks to fuel the warmth within so that it may spread.

0 blogments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.

 
Copyright 2010 Bloggity Blog Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase