Pages

Wednesday, November 21

Wednesday HodgePodge-102




1. Turkey-love it or leave it?  White meat or dark?  What's your favorite thing to make using leftover turkey?
Love it, though more fond of the country ham. White meat eater here, or may I add a third option?....the skin!  Left overs- nothing beats a Turkey Cranberry sandwich mmm.

2. Gotta burn off all those carbs the day after a holiday feast so which would you rather do-run a 10K or climb a mountain? 
Climb a mountain. More distraction while being active for me , making it seem like less work. Plus running gives me a headache. 


3.  Do you feel like social networking has made your relationships better or worse?  Explain.
Tough one here. It has increased some long distance relationships but on the counter-side has caused annoyances where some relationship are. Come on it's would be a bit annoying to anyone I think to have the only time an aunt writes on your wall is to say something to your cousin and not a word to you or about post in which they wrote. Also social networking helps with sharing photos! Family can grabs the ones they want and see them to request  full size ones. 

4. How do you find and express gratitude for the hard things in your life? 
I am a believer in, If you think positively it promotes positive things.  Same goes for negativity. I try my best to list my blessings during hard times. Giving strength to the smallest positives so it may out shine the darkness. Also I remind myself of my own personal past and how it has shown to have faith things will work out, for they always do as they should. 

5.  In the US, the day after Thanksgiving has been dubbed 'Black Friday'.  Is most of your holiday shopping done live and in person, or is it done more through the magic of the Internet? How do you feel about stores opening at midnight Thanksgiving night? Will you be out amongst the masses on Friday? 
I was just ranting on Facebook about this very subject, reading that people started setting up camp already on Monday and Tuesday! This utterly blows my mind! The deals are not 
anything amazing, heck I've seen better online prices already than I have seen in the Black Friday Ads. I feel bad judging but find myself saying to these people "Happy Thatsgreeding Day." in my mind. I couldn't imagine forgoing time with family or friends for an item, be it for some one or myself. 

 I try to do my shopping through out the year. Though typically I am a "homemade with love" gifter.  This year I am really tickled with what hubby and I are creating.  Even when I don't do the homemade route usually it is self  gift baskets with a lot of thought. 

When comes to how I feel about it, well the image to the left sums it up. 

And no I will not be out and about, though I need supplies I will have to wait till next week. 

6.  Speaking of the color black-which black item in your wardrobe would you say is your favorite?
Nice clam down question after the previous :) Not sure I have a favorite, if it weren't for the worn out fabric and holes in them I would say my fuzzy sweats I have had for years. They are so comfy and were warm, now drafty. 

7.  What do you appreciate about your life today? 
So very much! My hubby, family, in-laws, friends  Food in my belly. Roof over my head. That hubby has a job where he is progressing and he loves it. That skeletons have come out of the closet bringing peace of mind combined with honesty and answers. No matter what Daddy is my Daddy.  Being able to go the extra mile just to see people smile. That even in this crazy world there are those moments what utterly warm the heart and restore hope in the future. The love and support love ones give me when it comes to my creative outlets making me teary eyed even now. That even though at times life seems to screw me over or at least feels like it I am truly and honestly blessed.  That others come to me for advice pertaining to kids even though I have no children, this means so much to me. I could go on and on. Having the strength to make it through hard times. On a materialistic side, That I have a camera again and may pursue that creative outlet! 

8.  random thought:
With each year added to my life I swear I grow sappier. I cry at happy things, sad things, stupid things when younger I refused to let tears flow. I guess it's backlash just like with my boobs. See when I hit puberty being the tom boy I was I would tape my chest in hopes of preventing it from growing.  This backfired giving me large melons. So my theory is by holding back on tears all those years now I cry at a drop of a hat. Sorry if  too much info here.   I find myself very emotional this holiday season, not with sorrow or sadness, not even a hint of normal depression. Rather I am filled with utter bliss. I miss my sister but instead of mourning her lack of presence I am embracing those still with me. My scars of the past still ache but I am letting the joy of bringing happiness to others heal them.  I've always been one huge on perspectives and making sure to try and see through other's eyes though for a long time I failed to apply lessons learned from such thinking. Life is about perspective, you have to chose which you will walk in life. I choose the overly bright sunshine path over the dark ominous wallowing path. 

I hope that this Thanksgiving you find yourself surrounded by many little blessings that overwhelm you would joy. May it consume your disposition erasing any sadness or sorrows that wishes to suffocate you. Happy Thanksgiving and Many Blessings to you and yours.

*Afterthought as well, if anyone is able to enlighten me, How the heck do you add the linky list to a post? Been wondering that for a while with hops. 

7 blogments:

Nikki said...

I stay away from black Friday! There's plenty of other days for me to Christmas shop and still get good deals. And there's amazon! Happy Thanksgiving to you! :)

Kara said...

Loved your #8. I bet you're a great encourager to those around you, you've already encouraged me. :) Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful!

Joyce said...

I answered with a little black dress, but my comfy yoga pants are defintiely up there in my list of favorites too! Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving Day!

J.Day said...

I find I cry a lot easier now, too. I didn't cry so easy when I was younger . . . although I didn't tape the ladies down . . . lol

Sammie said...

It can be amusing how some forget there are 300 plus shopping days. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Sammie said...

:) Thank you, I try to encourage and be there for others as much as possible.

Sammie said...

Comfy is always an A plus! Thank you.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.

 
Copyright 2010 Bloggity Blog Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase