Pages

Wednesday, November 14

HodgePodge

1.  What rule of life should never be broken?
  Not sure if this counts as  "rule" or not , Treating others with Kindness and Respect.

2.  What's your favorite family recipe? 
Don't have one...well wait Slovakian Hoska Bread, though I don't have the original recipe anymore.

3.  Is the media manipulative? 
~insert throaty resisting laugh here~ I could rant for days on this question. Media in general has become an annoyance of mine from poor quality and standards to intentionally causing panic and chaos. Not to mention in the written form filled with constant errors and lack of fact backing. Everything is becoming editorial rather than actual news.

4. Hubs and I saw Skyfall last weekend...are you a fan of the Bond films? If so, who's your favorite Bond?
Ahhh this explains all the Bond related blogging lately. Never been one for Bond, never watched an actual one.

5. What is one thing you hope people never say about you?
That they never felt I loved them at any point in our lives. There are a few people I have had to part ways with for various reasons, but once I love I don't stop. Even if no longer part of my life I still love them, just can't live with them.

6.  What's a nearby tourist attraction you'd like to see, but haven't gotten around to visiting? 
Colonial Williamsburg, though I have been there before it has been many years since and much as developed and changed. For years I have wanted to simply drive the parkway during fall to take photos but never had the time, then was with out camera, and just got a camera after the season peak. So here is hoping to next year.

Norfolk Botanical Gardens is another one I think I would enjoy visiting and taking photos. I have driven past it but never visited. Those I know whom have gone loved it.

There are a few museums and theaters I would like to check out one day in downtown Richmond as well. Limited funds prevent many ventures from occurring though.

7.  Where's your favorite tree?
 :) My Willow. At least that is what I called it. It was at a park near my home in Va Beach when I was a kid. I loved reading while nestled upon it's  branches, surrounded by it's curtain lost in an enchanted world, hiding from hurt and pain. I say was for many years back a storm took it out knocking it into the water.  I have always dance with willow trees and had a love of them for them in general.

8.  Random Thought:
           Look at the size of this sweet potato! 


  
Hubby picked this up while picking up a few items from the store on his way home. It is almost the size of a foot ball, it wasn't the biggest one there either! Crazy.

In other news My niece is having her first fundraiser, my how times have changed. It is online and pretty cool the way it works not only are there items but you can also donate directly to the classroom, shop 200+ national merchants with some special offers and a percentage goes to her school. Sure different from when I was a kid walking with booklet in hand. But makes it nice for those family and friends whom don't live close.  My in-laws rock and already donated, I am waiting on payday! 

Gonna add one more thing here seeing as I was typing Random Thought out  I heard a commotion outside. Say a prayer for my Neighbor. Sad  I don't know her name only the husband's, Bill.   She has had health issues as long as we have lived in this house and rarely comes out. Right now the paramedics are over there.  It's been well over a year since last time they were there in the middle of the night.  Most our neighbors are original owners and retired. Awesome bunch they are though.  Our neighbor straight across the street moved in one week before we did, ironically he shares Hubby's birthday, sweet man. Though we don't all interact a whole lot we keep an eye out for one another.  We are the youngins  and interesting the relationships we have formed with little interaction. 

30 blogments:

Wayne W Smith said...

A very nice set of Hodgepodge answers. Have a great week!

Unknown said...

I always wanted to go to colonial Williamsburg too! Maybe someday... and will say a prayer for your sweet neighbor... hope everything is OK!

Sammie said...

From what I remember it is quite an experience. Reading up on changes they have made and added seems it has only improved. I learned so much going there on school field trips as a kid than I ever did from a book.

Thank you for the prayers I am hoping so as well.

retired not tired said...

I was in Norfolk once to get on a cruise ship. Must go back as we love Botanical Gardens.

Anonymous said...

I've heard about Colonial Williamsburg - I remember it being mentioned in an episode of Friends and looked it up. It sounds pretty cool.

Will say a wee prayer for your neighbour just now.

Theresa said...

I have been to Colonial Williamsburg but would love to go back. Enjoyed reading your post today :)

Anonymous said...

just visiting from hodge podge.....blessings

Mary said...

Hope your neighbor is okay. I love talking to older people...such great stories!

Anonymous said...

i've always wanted to go to Colonial Williamsburg!

Kara said...

I love Colonial Williamsburg! I have been there maybe 5 or 6 times and could go back 5 or 6 more. It's so fun! And what is Slovakian Hoska Bread? Never heard of it. I'll have to google it.

J.Day said...

I was in Colonial Williamsburg when I was 17. I loved it. Only spent three days there for a class trip studying American Government. I'd love to go back some day.

Marla said...

Wow. You and I definitely feel the same way about the news media! I started my working career years ago in radio news, which was housed in a TV station building. I remember the days of triple fact checking and writing "copy" so it is not bias in any way. Those days are so gone. It's very sad! It's all about competition now, getting the story out first, attracting a "type" of listener/viewer... see? I too could rant on and on!

Marla said...

PS: When I was first married I lived in Norfolk for a little while. Hubby and I enjoyed Waterside and the restaurants in Ghent. Oh, and Orpax Pizza!! Is it still there?

Sammie said...

Yes Marla, Oprax is still there! Though you know I've been by it before and never been. Wow when I think on it I haven't been in Ghent since I was a teen!

Sammie said...

:) Last time I was in Norfolk ( other than passing through) was for a Cruise to Nowhere. There is another Garden closer too me many local friends have suggested, Maymont Park. Many go there for weddings and just to do portraits.

Sammie said...

Colonial Williamsburg is pretty cool, I like the difference of experiencing history out and about rather than in a museum.

Thank you for the prayer, no word yet.

Sammie said...

It's definitely one of those go back type places :) Thank you for visiting.

Sammie said...

Thanks for stopping in :)

Sammie said...

Thank you no word yet. They are awesome aren't they.

Sammie said...

It is definitely worth the trip :)

Sammie said...

Slovakian Hoska bread is a sweet bread. I have heard it called Bohemia Hoska and Czech Hoska. I grew up calling it Slovakian Hoska for the recipe came from my grandmama's Slovakian Cook book.

Sammie said...

Hearing from others and looking at the website over the years it sounds like it's a visit that requires several visits to see everything. I was in my teens that last time I went as well and remembering it being only on block now it is a whole town.

Hootin Anni said...

That sweet potato could almost feed a 'haying crew' it's so huge.

Cathy said...

That is a huge sweet potato!!

I went to Colonial Williamsburg once about 25 years or so ago. Loved it and hope to go back again someday.

Jhona O. said...

That is one huge sweet potato!! I hope things turned out for your neighbor. I enjoyed visiting your hodgepodge answers and hope you have a great weekend!

Lighthousegal said...

I bet Williamsburg would be a great place to visit. I love to travel and see new places. I haven't traveled a lot, but enjoy it tremendously when I do.
That is one big sweet potato.
Weeping Willows are so beautiful trees especially when there is a slight breeze blowing, the branches look as if they are dancing.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Sammie said...

It was enough for hubby and I to eat, hubby to have seconds and then enough left over for his lunches at work for three days!

Sammie said...

Thanks for stopping by :)

Sammie said...

I can't wait to go back, after the weekend talking with my sister it's not matter of if but rather when to go lol Thanks for stopping by.

Sammie said...

Wyllow is actually a nickname of mine, even wrote a poem on why (no clue where the poem is currently at) I love them.

Have a great Thanksgiving and thanks for stopping by :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.

 
Copyright 2010 Bloggity Blog Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase