While baking a cake today I was hit out of the blue by a realization.
Hubby has Friday after Thanksgiving off.
Say what? To some it may seem like nothing, for us though there is much to it. Hubby has had the Friday after Thanksgiving off a few times in the past. So what makes this different? He actually gets paid this time. Usually if he doesn't work on the Friday after Thanksgiving this results in a shortened check, for most companies he has worked for you couldn't use vacation days around holidays. Stupid yes! This leads to the cutting the budget and tightening where possible to make ends meet. I am no stranger to such with his line of work. Gladly organizing the budget and making things work.
This whole surprise of being put on Salary has been very nice indeed. It makes for better budgeting. Also the perfect timing of an extra paycheck so that we aren't scrambling to make gifts last minute as fund become available. Yep, many extras to be thankful for this year. So I am making an extra cake for Thanksgiving, today I made Pumpkin Spice Cake. Tomorrow I will be making Carrot Cake (I've been craving this for weeks) after running out tonight to get another cake carrier.
I feel truely Blessed this year. So many out there are struggling, statistically so should we, instead we are hanging in there and thriving. Hubby with work ethics and pride paving the way to his apprenticeship, opening doors for the future. My mad budgeting skills and frugal-sass slowly chipping away our debt by making extra payments here and there. I find myself at times on the verge of laughing and crying simultaneously as the saying of " errors of youth bring about wisdom of age" pops in my mind. Determination and maturity have brought about eliminating three debts this year and shortly after the new year two more should be eliminated. Huzzah!
Yes this holiday season is shaping up to be enjoyable with lessened stress this year.
47 minutes ago
0 blogments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.