Pages

Tuesday, November 6

Politics & Me

With it being election day here in America, I felt it only adequate to have such a post. Seeing so much information out there on voting, other's voting and what not. My mind is left to ponder, the way it does, while waiting for hubby to get off work so we can have our turn to vote.  Typically I steer away from inferno type subjects such as politics, religion and etc. So before I begin the typical disclosures apply this is me merely sharing my thoughts. When sharing I refer to the majority/masses, for there are always exceptions to be had.

Politics and I have always had a Hate Hate relationship. Early on I was excited for this privileged and right to vote. Bestowed upon me by history filled with the cost of lives and those bravely daring to bring change to the world. Rooted upon Freedom.  My first time voting I remember distantly in my mind. I was to be turning legal age to vote at the end of my senor year. Somehow I was able to vote though I don't recall the details but I believe it was due to being a presidential election year or simply was a mock election for us future voters. My head was swimming from all the information to process. I did it though I pushed on sorting out my thoughts and feelings, choosing a candidate. Couldn't tell you today who that was.

As time passed I tried to maintain involvement in this great right to have a voice. Then came the campaigns, the frenzy, the cult like minded followings and bullying. Yes sadly that's how I see it, a big bullying fiasco. Worsen each year, and grown to ugliness.

Sight lost.
Roots forgotten.
Basic respect and civility diminished.

Looking on, it's seemingly only a short time before bloodshed occurs due to narrow mindedness cult mentality that come along with election time.

Media is no longer reliable for they sway one way or another. or spin as I have seen it called.  
There is no equality, honesty, pure information to media outlets any more.
Rumor and gossip run rabid, poisoning the information pool.
Human nature, people refuse educate themselves in facts.

Even more disturbing is the amount of money wasted on cramming ads both on tv and in the mail boxes. Ninety percent of the time bashing the opponent. I want to know what the candidate has to say for himself, of himself, of his viewpoints! Do those campaigning or assisting with the campaign realize how damaging this is, I have hear many of conversations where this mud slinging and negative spotlighting has pushed eligible voters away from even participating.

I use to be one of them.

~nods head~

Yep over the years I became so apathetic to elections and politics. One presidential election hubby and I didn't even get to vote due to his work schedule and location, not bothering me one bit. Sad really.

I can not pin point what has changed this. I have always watched and observed, but not always partook in my American Right to vote. Now though I find myself yearn to have a voice.

Ahh A voice.
Yes everyone has their right to their opinion, their voice.
I agree with such whole heartily.
The problem?
Humans.
The majority screams, "It's my right! It's my right! I can say what I want!" All the while telling other's they are wrong and trying to apply chloroform to others' right of voice. Freedom of Voice is for all, not just a selection nor to only hear what you want. Allowing other's to share their say doesn't mean you have to agree or try to change them, merely respect them as you would like to be respected.

Bashing others is no way to get your point across. By doing such you might as well grab your caveman club and start walking around grunting. For that is the image I get when witnessing so call "debates" between citizens.

I have gotten way too negative in my sharing and that was not my intent. I could write forever and probably make no sense rambling on the way I do.  So I will end with this: My hope for voters today.

Dear Fellow Voters,
                   As you go out today to place your mark I pray you do so with your own mind and conscious. I aim not to sway you choice one way or another. My hope for you is that you have educated yourself with actual sources not gossip or rumor. Remembering the awesomeness of the right you are executing by voting.
       While out among your fellow voters carry with you respect, patriotism and kindness. Love one another for despite differences of opinions you are all the same, American. One great thing about being American is having a voice without being trampled or persecuted for it. Let us show the world America is still great! The Land of Freedom! The Land of Unity despite differences! Regardless of who wins to lead us it will not change the fact we are America!
With Pride, Dignity, & Respect- Let us all share our Voice.

0 blogments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.

 
Copyright 2010 Bloggity Blog Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase