Pages

Monday, November 26

MQAM- Tis the Season

Acting Balanced1. Do you decorate outdoors for the holidays?
Nope. My frugal side prevents it, there have been times I have considered it though. I'm too cheap and rather money go to special items for others than on lights and electrical bill. 


2. What is the best thing about office Christmas parties
?
I can't answer this one, I haven't worked in years. 


3. Gloves or Mittens?
Gloves with the finger tips off, I gotta be able to work the camera. 


4. What do you think of Secret Santas?
 

I like playing Secret Santa. Not in the everyone sense with group gift exchange but placing items under trees with no from tag.  


And don't forget to add a 5th Question on your own blog so we can answer as we hop around!

5. Do you have any in between holiday traditions?  (after Thanksgiving but before Christmas)

Hubby and I have two. One we have done since we have been married. We drive around looking at Christmas Lights. Ya we look at them but do put any up. We grab some coffee or hot chocolate, crank up christmas music and drive around some times stopping so I may take pictures.  Depending on what we can afford we get several five dollar gift cards to McD's or other places then put them in mailboxes of decorated houses we like with a little  note. 

The second has been going on for the past five years. This year it fell on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, we make props and then go set up for the Virginia Voices Intl Christmas Show. Usually we see the last show and help with break down and clean up, this year though we are seeing the opening show instead. 

11 blogments:

Nani said...

Have you seen "texting gloves?" I got them for my husband last year. They're great for keeping hands warm like a mitten, but fingers readily free for photography!

We always take one long weekend in December to go to Connecticut and celebrate Christmas with my brothers-in-law and their families. Last year we saw a few hockey games and the year before the Nutcracker. I have a niece that does ballet and hockey just like I did as a kid. We enjoy our kindred spirit.

I have also hosted UNO and the fabulous Dessert Bar for years and it's a tradition that my husband joined me in when we met. We invite friends over for an evening of games and a spread of homemade and specialty sweets.

retired not tired said...

We have started a tradition with our good friends. We have a theatre weekend away. We had a wonderful time. We saw "Annie" and "The Love List". We have already signed up for next year.

Sammie said...

I have heard of "texting gloves" but yet to see a pair! Seriously need to check them out.

Games and homemade sweets! In my book that is an epic win!

Sammie said...

I like that tradition! I have been wanting to see shows on stage, I've been in more than I've seen live!

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

I love driving around looking at the lights.

Anonymous said...

No real traditions in between other than watching every single Christmas show (mostly the traditional favs like Frosty) that is on!

ShannonW said...

I also enjoy driving around looking at Christmas lights. Each year we go to La Crosse, WI to see the Riverside Park lights...beautiful!

Arlene said...

The last few years we've gone to our church's Christmas pageant which usually lands on or around my birthday (it's on my birthday this year) so it's a Christmas and birthday tradition rolled up in one.

Wayne W Smith said...

No real traditions here. I am a bit of a Christmas Grinch. Thanks for joining up with the MQAM, hope to see you again next week.

Everly said...

my only 'tradition' in between the two holidays is that I buy a season of Supernatural on sale from Amazon. EVERY YEAR!

Anonymous said...

i don't have any in-between traditions, except the usual: putting up the tree, making Christmas cookies, etc.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.

 
Copyright 2010 Bloggity Blog Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase