I can't help but smile as I recently got off the phone with my daddy. The smile reflects so much for I truly love my quirky, unusual and crazy family. I would need a book to explain my family history, even then it would be lacking. Undoubtedly over time I will share the history. They are the core of my being and my insanity at times. This in no way lessens the love I have for them.
There is a saying about family, most out there know, " Blood is thicker than water." I call bullshit on this saying. It isn't blood that makes a family but the bond. "Bond of what?" you might ask. Not only is it by the bond of love but also tribulations, survival of struggle, respect, humor and sarcasm. A family is not picture perfect but rather perfect in the circle they are. They endure ups and downs, sometimes downright smack-downs but those bonds keeps them together. My family has been through enough over the years of its existence to be on Dr. Phil or even Jerry Springer, several times over- something my departed sister would have loved! It is the inner bond that has kept us together, some closer than others but still there in the hearts. What destroys family are pettiness, secrets, lies, and abuse. Even those things are survival-able even if it means branches must be severed. Perseverance and Truth are vital.
Needless to say family will be a topic I write about often here in joy, pain, sorrow and smiles. Though to some my family is as normal as the next, it is what lies in the shadows that was once hidden that makes us different. Then again we all have shadows, it's all a matter of shining light upon them so they no longer haunt us. Over the past several years my family has done just that, no more shadows- Liberated!
0 blogments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.