Pages

Friday, September 21

Mudaneness and stuff

Productive Friday thus far I must say, despite wanting to crawl back under the covers. The doggies have been bed hogs more than normal pinning me in the most uncomfortable of positions at night making sleep less than refreshing. The allergy season is also taking a toll it seems. Pfft the only sour point I have when it comes to fall.  None the less I have straighten and de-cluttered the house, tidied up the bathroom, gone over bills, collected laundry, got dinner going in the crock pot, cleaned the kitchen, done dishes,  laundry going, dusted, and re assembled picture frames I painted the other day- all before even finishing second cup of coffee. Huzzah! Go me!  Not too bad it isn't even lunch time yet. I normally don't get motivate till right before lunch hour. But with the roommate not home my motivation is allowed to kick in sooner. I do still need to sweep floors then mop them. Any volunteers?


 Not to forget weed/edge the yard, I didn't get that done with the mowing yesterday afternoon. My allergies kicked my butt allowing only to mow. Just being able to mow is nice. I still remember the days where if anyone with in distance of our house would mow having to close up the house and hunker down for just another mowing would trigger my allergies. I never thought I would be able to mow our own yard! It was a slow process of exposure that made such happen. First started with fully covering the skin, wearing large glasses, covering the hair, wearing a a face mask then instantly coming inside the moment was finished and showering. Over time part of the mowing prep ritual was removed bring me to the point now where I can mow in anything with out the masks and coverings, though I do opt for the large glasses after having something fly in my eye.  Most days I am  fine though the days with thick air and high pollen are the worst. Still I am able to come indoors sit for a while and have a glass of water before taking a shower without  becoming covered in red blotches, watering eyes and  sneezing my brains out. Simple victories! 

I honestly believe people are over medicated for allergies making them even worse rather than better. I always had to deal with odd and annoying side effects. The last time I was on doctor prescribed medicine for allergies I had a side effect that caused my cycle to last two weeks and return three after! Twas hell!  Afterwards I looked into other options, natural ones, and began carefully experimenting with myself.  Over time I learned exposure to the airborne types gave my immune system a chance to battle them along with herbs and vitamins. Yes I had to suffer the effects,  sniffling, sneezing and watery itchy eye, but over time they faded. I found cold damp clothes to the face also helped when it came to the issues.  In other areas I made changes as well, like soaps I used and natural remedies. Sure enough I have come a long way. Still avoidance is best when it comes to the food allergies. Overall I am thankful. 

Well coffee break and rambling moment over. I best tackle those floors before lunch. 

0 blogments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.

 
Copyright 2010 Bloggity Blog Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase