Pages

Sunday, September 23

Busy Weekend Subsiding

Whew! Someone bring me some comfy sweats and a mug of hot tea please! 

What a delightful weekend I had. The tables were rotated this weekend where I was able to spend some time with my baby sister, while my niece hung out with Uncle. My sister and I went out and about hitting a few stores, a couple thrift stores and got to have our own personal yard sale viewing . The latter was to see a lady about some encyclopedias  whom happen to have stuff set up in the empty house from previous yard sale weekends.  I ended up with a bunch of goodies for under twenty five bucks, extremely tickled of the box full of fabric and trimmings. Also necklaces, trinkets, bucket of canning jars, framed art, some vases, set of atlases , and Wizard of Oz book.  As soon as my niece saw the box of fabric she announced half asked if it was to make dresses and skirts for her. Ha I haven't spoiled her one bit.

During our thrift store rounds  I had found an adorable red dress with puffy sleeves and full skirting for my niece. I believe it was a costume dress but despite being a little big she is already wanting to were it to school Monday. She has dubbed this dress her beautiful dress and wore it from the moment I got till she left, minus bedtime she put on her jammies. I had hoped to keep the dress here to use as a template to make her more but she refused. Didn't do as well on scoring on books but did manage to pick up eight books so at least I have something to read. Two of the books I have read before but added to my collection: Little Women  and Jane Eyre.  One of the books is a nice thick read titled, The Historian. I am not even certain what the book is about but the simple title caught my eye. I can not recall the other titles I picked up  but was a mix of romance, historical, mystery and culture reads. 

On top of the gallivanting we hung out around the house laughing, giggling and playing. Watching some movies which included, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, which tickles me that my niece adores the classics. It's the simple things in life I cherish so much. Overall another blissful weekend leaving me feeling thankful. I did have a sad moment though, I have found myself thinking and missing my younger sister, we called sissy, more than usual lately. While out I caught a glimpse of a wine brand I hadn't seen before in the store called "The Middle Sister" I teared up but knew she was with us in spirit. 

Now that the house is empty and breath caught time to get some cleaning and to-do's  completed.  Hope your weekend is well. 

0 blogments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.

 
Copyright 2010 Bloggity Blog Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase