Pages

Saturday, September 29

Ever the Role Model (updated)

As I sit here smiling and typing, I hear the  strong manly yet gentle voice of my hubby mixed with the sweetly  energetic voice of our niece Mo in the other room. Another weekend together never wasted in chances to teach and mentor. They are currently working on lessons of tool safety, creating something from scratch and teamwork. Together they are making a checker board and checkers.She just learned to play checkers on a cheesy plastic cheap seat but hours ago. We have also tried to teach her old school  ways (I guess we will call them that) , where everything doesn't have to be bought to be fun. 

 It is so cute to see her with her safety glasses  as she walks in to lay out the board with Uncle to see how the pieces dry fit.  Walking in proudly stating, " Titi, I stand quietly and watch, but I am learning with watching."  For some reason with coming indoors it brought awareness to her a dress was not the right attire for the project so she went and changed with a quick panic reminder to Uncle to wait for her. Off they go for more cutting before assembling begins. I can not wait to see this finished. . Here is to building the board upon which memories will be built.

Update:  Here is a Picture of the almost finished board. Still needs sealed and Mo is going to paint the other sides of the pieces as well.


0 blogments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.

 
Copyright 2010 Bloggity Blog Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase