Pages

Friday, September 14

Media Flopping.. or is it just me?

Over the past few years I have had a growing annoyance for media outlets- be it newspapers, local news stations, or national news stations. Could it be with age I have a stronger awareness? Or is it just me? It feels as if media of all sorts are in a rapid plummet when it comes to purity, dedication, and correctness- both factual and grammatically. I am by no means a decent writer or all knowing, but shouldn't we expect, if not demand, such from so call professionals? Have the days of true grit and passion in the manner which we learn of the world and events occurring been so cheapen, that we allow minor errors to slip through with the major ones?

I recall being younger reading clippings or watching the news and feeling the emotions through both, be it joy or grief. You could truly see what the reporter was witnessing via their words. Now and days I see constant typos, mis-selected words, and simple grammatic errors. In the age of spell check no less!  The flustering part has to be the fact I was a C student when it came to English class, blimey! I am catching these errors why are college graduates whom at the editors doing such! Causing me to cease reading on any further and avoiding evening attempting later on.

Even the stories being covered seem weak and completely bias. It is more of opinions than facts. Disgusting! Downright disgusting what our news coverage has became. The media has so much potential to influence positive changes in our lives but they continue to throw rubbish at us. Opting for tabloid content rather than  real issues. Sure lets just encourage the children of the future that to become noteworthy you must be a lunatic, drunk and sleazy, committing crimes, or making an ass of yourself by making poor choices. Being raunchy is glorified over solving a problem or attempting to solve a problem in our world.  Lets break into normally schedule shows to air some dumbass that is running from the police why speculating why they are running. Yes kids this is how you get to be seen by the world in an instant. Your name across every news outlet and muttering on many lips.  Forget hard work, a cause, a mission, a heart desire that endure years of toughing through to find a solution or do good. It's all about the fame, and they say any publicity is good publicity. Our media promotes the negative as the "better" method of getting there. Poopy Cock!

But I have digressed and gone off tangent a bit there. Or have I? I'm just saying that from my little bubble in life that the value and integrity of the media is becoming (or has become) such lowly trash and filth it is sickening. Often I tease about how humanity is not far off from the depiction in the movie, Idiocracy,  but that giggle is fading as the reality can be seen all around us. But then again people must first open their eyes.

~Sigh~

Then again it could just be me.

0 blogments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.

 
Copyright 2010 Bloggity Blog Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase