Quick–what are you reading right now? (Other than this question onthis website, of course.) Would you recommend it? What’s it about?
Currently I am reading, Girl with a Pearl Earring By Tracy Chevalier . A historical fiction book about artist Vermeer through a young girl's perspective. Filled with wonderment, emotions, and awe.
I have decided to read it to compare with the movie after becoming flustered over The Hunger Games book to movie irritation. I found myself itching to see how many book to movies truly screw up. Granted "screw up" is merely my personal opinion. So I embarked on rereading some books I currently have to refresh my mind and compare to their movie counter parts. I am a true believer that books are always better than the movie. Very few times have I felt that a movie has matched or done due justice to bringing a book alive.
Before I ramble too off tangent there I would recommend it to others. It is a nice light read especially for those whom enjoy historical fiction around the 1600's. Even a lover of art could enjoy this book I believe for it gives a glimpse of a window into the possibilities of how artists once were seen and drew inspiration.


3 blogments:
I have read this book and liked it a lot.
http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/09/booking-through-thursday_20.html
I have this one, though I haven't read it yet. Sounds lovely,
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/09/booking-through-thursday_20.html
I think I might have this one sitting on my bookshelf too, waiting to be read.
http://erlessard.wordpress.com/2012/09/20/booking-through-thursday-quick/
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.