Pages

Wednesday, February 6

Wednesday HodgePodge


Working on hops a little backwards today lol better late than never right? Where has the first half of this week gone! 
----------------------------------------

1.  Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake?  Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers? 
 Wow, it has been so long since I've seen a snake that I can't recall when it was.  I am fine around snakes, as long as they aren't in the water with me. If they are in the water they Sam goes crazy! 

2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck.  Do you believe in luck? 
I guess I do believe in luck, be it the odds in one's favor or circumstances just in the right place at the right time.  

3. sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose?  Which of the three have you done most recently?  
Building a snowman! I've been dissappointed by the fact we haven't had a decent enough snowing for such.  Last year a group of friend and I decided if we got six or so inches we would all meet up at a park having a snowball fight and building amazing snow sculptures. Snow is a winter form of sand at the beach I have always though, and oh how I love making stuff out of sand. 

4.  Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew."  Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?  
When it comes to my baby sister. There are experiences I have been able to apply in not only my advice to her but my patience with her as well. 

5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?  
Two weeks ago, Hubby surprised me with a Carrot Cake Cupcake from Paneras.. yum yum yum. 

6. What's something you can't say no to?  
Mint, helping others, Coffee, and lots more. Learning to say no more often but not out of malice but I say yes and overwhelm myself. 

7.  Are you a doodler?  
Constantly. 

8.  Random Thought: 
       I am looking for and dreading at the same time the coming weekend. My sister finally found a place (renting) and we are helping her move in this weekend. I am so proud of her, though she is going through a lot she is staying strong and consistent. It has been many years coming but she is getting on her own feet and taking action. Though her and my niece's father have been separated for over three years finally the paper work and legalities are taking place starting with separation papers submitted. She had hoped to buy a home but until her name is off the shared home it is impossible for her to get the mortgage loans. He would've been wise to get that done asap for it would have kept her and my niece in the area rather than looking to move else where. It has been such an interesting issue for me to witness for I am not a supporter of divorce, but that is just my opinion I do not hold others to it. Vows once taken are for life, no back door options. I understand though that there are situations where it is needed though.  

Off tangent I went there, I am looking forward to helping out and seeing my loved ones this weekend but my body is already revolting at the idea of lifting and moving items. Maybe I will be niece and grandddaddy watcher keeping them out of everyone's  hair.  Thankfully the new place is only six miles from the shared home. Granddaddy (my dad) has already been out there this week getting things cleaned and small stuff installed and set up while niece is at school. He is eager for the move, yep he will be moving with sister. He does help out with niece and I think the less tense home will make life easier on all three.  Ok instead of random though I went ramble mode. Have a great remainder of the week all.  

4 blogments:

April said...

Big brownie points to your hubby for bringing you a Panera cupcake! Can't beat that!

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

Hope the move goes well.

Nani said...

I enjoyed watching my husband...boyfriend at the time, make a snow bunny after we were snowed in and away from my Grandma's on Easter weekend a few years ago. For me, I still love play-doh!

Hope all is smooth and you get to do the superintendent job this weekend!

Joyce said...

We've got a crazy forecast for tomorrow so there might be a snowman in my future : ) Have a nice weekend!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.

 
Copyright 2010 Bloggity Blog Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase