Not really. When younger and attending catholic school I vaguely recall Lent. Coming from a Catholic and Baptist up bring church was back and forth between the two traditions though later in childhood baptist traditions were more present. Now and days my spirit side is based more on faith rather than religion.
2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday... tradition states you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as 'pancake day'. How do you like your pancakes? Or don't you?
Pancakes in our house comes in many ways. Typically straight up with butter and syrup, and shapes. Recently I have been making them with crumbled sausage, chopped onions and peppers then once cooked topped with some grated cheddar. Yum yum.
3. I'm sure there are many, but what's one love song you really love?
This is the one hubby sings to me:
I know it said one, but this is the one I sing to hubby and my fav:
4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them?
From just saying it, huggs, little notes, being there for them, and little surprises.
5. Roses...red, pink, or do you prefer another color? Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers? Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies?
Roses aren't my thing, unless picked from a garden I love the Old Fashion Pale Purple roses. Last time some one gave me flowers was my niece Mo, last summer, she picked a bunch of those purple bunny ear flowers in the yard for me. Hubby knowing how I am shows up from time to time with cool sticks or feathers he has found for me. As to the open door question I would take the tulips.
6. President's Day will be celebrated in America next Monday. Does US Presidential history and trivia interest you? Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours...Monticello (Jefferson's home), Mount Vernon (Washington's home), Montpelier (James Madison's home), Hyde Park(FD Roosevelt's home) and The White House (home to the sitting President) to name just a few. Of those listed which would you be most interested in touring? Why?
History in general interest me but not to the fanatic sense. I enjoy museums and tour areas. I wouldn't mind one day touring the White House, I have been to DC a few times but never to the white house. Reasoning for choosing this so much history in one place.
7. Are you good at keeping secrets?
Oh yes, too good some times.
8. Randomness:
Well the treadmill is set up and working. Hubby and I both has utter duh moment trying to get it turned on. It's missing the safety key and after searching sister's garage it couldn't be found. So searching led us to learn you could use a magnet in place of the safety key, still we couldn't get it to work. So yesterday I attempted to find the problem again taking it apart making sure no wires were kinked or messed up. This is when I found the power switch! Hidden by the power cord line. Oh my word I laughed so hard at our stupid human moment. Then got started on getting in shape. It felt great walking, I have missed walking so much and now I can do it in the safety of my home anytime I want. It's going to take some getting use to again. My legs burn today but in that good way. Mostly due to trying out all the features and pushing self too soon and erratically, I never fell or got thrown off though so that is a plus! Once I get my cardio back up I plan to add some workouts to the plan. One day at time.

2 blogments:
Good luck with your workout plan...you CAN do it! I was at a gym a few years ago running on the treadmill and went flying off the back of it. I popped right up like nothing ever happened. So embarrassing!
Love your song choices!!!
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.