Action finally taken!
At the beginning of the year I made a personal challenge to myself to get in better shape. This decision wasn't to lose weight, become thinner or for any reason other than to keep up with my niece. I don't plan to run any marathons (personally I can't run), enter any competitions nor enter a gym. I do not even intend to change my eating habits, though already I find myself craving fresh fruit and veggies after a jaunt.
A few years back I would walk around the neighborhood, I loved this greatly. But with our neighborhood being the way it is and the experiences had I am no longer comfortable walking alone. My sister passed her used-but-once treadmill on to me, we brought it home last weekend after helping her with a move. After a stint of stupidity attempting to power it up I had my first try on it yesterday, two actually. I felt great despite the soreness and craved fruit as soon as I finished munching on some raisins.
Already today I have had to 30 minute jaunts on the treadmill. The first a gentle walk and the second was on a setting called intervals that had me in a run. One point I thought I was about to face plant the belt, but I didn't! Taught me not to change start speed so high though, for on this setting it increases greatly from that point!
Not sure how my work outs will go. I am not keeping track of calories burned or anything like that, I do not plan to drag out the scale or tapes. Going based off feeling. Pushing myself past the burn and the pain in hopes to extend more and more. I am debating keeping track of distance maybe to see progress made that way and as a benchmark to push myself more. Tentatively my plan is to have a nice fast pace 30 minute walk in the mornings. Mixed walk/jog before lunch for 45 minutes and then another 30 or 45 minute session in the afternoon. At some point I will add or replace a session with some exercise work outs I have found ondemand for free! Currently I am stretching prior to the shifts and after.
So we shall see how this journey unrolls. My key is to make it enjoyable be that blaring some music and maybe attempting to read while walking, once I get use to the machine of course. Reading time may become simple walk and read time!
47 minutes ago
0 blogments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.