Pages

Tuesday, February 26

Disguised Procrastination

I love how sometimes, though unintentional and at times intentionally, I find myself productive in areas while avoiding other tasks.  I find myself feeling a bit guilty (though dreading) that the past two days I have skipped work outs. You could say three days, but Saturday was spent traipsing in the woods at my sisters as well as teaching my niece exercises. Five years old never having done a sit up and she showed up us oldies doing over twenty of them! Sunday is already declared a rest day, but Monday I lazed about enthralled in books.


Being a dreary rainy Tuesday I just want to curl up with another book rather than hop on the treadmill. Ironically Friday I had enough self discipline to work out before curling up with the first of the four books I read since then. Granted Friday didn't have the rainy weather that ails my body in many ways. So instead today I have been catching up on laundry and other tasks at home, including blog hopping and some mental exercise in the form of cross words. I crack myself up though for the pep talking and distraction that appear as I head towards the treadmill.

" Come on Sam you know it's for your own good." 


Oh wait wasn't that the dryer buzzer.

" You're doing this to keep up with your niece" 


Oh I forgot to feed the dogs and give them their vitamins

" Sammie, stop being such a ninny"


Oh there is a load of laundry to be folded.
.
"Love the burn, be the burn, but first you must create the burn of progress Sam!" 


I need to drink some water first it would be best.

"Dammit Sammie! You will feel worse if you fail" 


:::::::bugged eye deer in the headlights look::::::

I don't know why the silliness though for I always feel better afterwards, even if sweaty, sore and exhausted. Maybe its the fact I know today I am due for the ass kicking mode. Oh I will eventually get to it, even if I skipped the gingerly stroll of my morning walks on the beast. Then I will be rewarded with a book, that's the rule- strictly no book till then! Damn I am cruel enforcer of myself! ha!

0 blogments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.

 
Copyright 2010 Bloggity Blog Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase