Pages

Wednesday, December 19

HodgePodge Farewell 2012

Another insomnia night so I am early..woot woot.

1. How will you spend 'the night before Christmas'? 
Most likely driving back from sister's in Cuckoo (yes that's really the town name she lives in, brings a chuckle every time I saying I am going there ) to get some rest before early rise to head out to Pungo Christmas Morning.

2.  What is one thing you are not?
A mother. Though I desperately wish to be. I am mother like to many though so that will have to suffice. I'm coming to a realization on this front, I don't want to say lost hope but more so seeing it as a  lost cause.  But moving forward.... been fighting this depression that all too often comes with the holidays.

3.  Fudge-are you a fan?  Your favorite flavor?
Huge lover of fudge ~points to self~ right here! First is always mint, though fell enchanted with Fudgie Wudgie's Tiger Butter, a nicely blend of vanilla and peanut butter. Though we constantly annoying them each year at strawberry festival they never have it the following year. Though the annoyance pays off for the guy remembers us each year and gives us almost double the fudge lol.

4. Did you attend any craft/vendor fairs in the month of December?  Do you prefer homemade goodies or the more professional stalls? Are you giving any homemade gifts this year?  
I haven't attended a craft fair in many years! Since I was a teen when I reflect back.  

I prefer homemade items all the way, especially those with a special twist, a lot of thought, and gentle care. 

 A majority of my gifts this year are homemade On left is unfinished family clock for Granddad... Waiting for things to dry. I love love love this gift the best! In center is grandparents then starting at 1 o'clock are his kids, then their spouses, then the grandsons, then granddaughter in laws, then the great grand kids! Each zone by arrival to the family. 

Also made photo bookends as well as photo pillows, that are already wrapped and forgot to photograph. And boxes I've shared previously.   I even made my own gift tags hehehe Tacky Christmas Sweater Style!  I already gave a hundred homemade gifts earlier this month, special musical note ornaments I made for VV group- they adored them. 

Then below are the gifts for my in laws and sibling in laws. Family wall art, hoping they don't mind the oversize feature. Figured they can fill in with snap shots on the gridwork  or keep it simple and open. The black and silver one has changed since the photo, It was in dry run when I took it. 


5. What's your favorite type of holiday gathering? 
Casual with loads of smiles and laughter. Simple and humble. Family, food, friends and follies. 

6.  We're approaching a new year...what's going to be different in 2013? 
Honestly there is no telling. Personally I hope to dive into creative side and see what comes. Maybe get in better shape. I'll be armed, well already I am with the amount of swords I have but eager to learn the bow and go hunting. Something I've wanted to do since way back. 

7. Share a favorite scripture, quote, saying, or song lyric relating to peace.
 We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves- Dalai Lama

8.  RANDOM:
Emotions are so crazy during holidays! At least mine are, at times making me feel bipolar!  My three nephews (my sister whom has passed kids) called last night to Thank us for the Christmas cards and cash. The middle nephew asked if we could come for Christmas, I nearly cried on the phone. He has been asking for us to visit since this past summer. I wish there were a way to make such happen. We finally have a vehicle but I doubt it would survive the 22 hour drive out there. They are in Nebraska and we are in Virginia. I despise the distance! Then money just isn't there! Hubby actually has paid vacation time which helps but coming up with the extra money to fund such a trip is hard. Often I cry because we are so far apart! I cry even more for despite my last visit out there, when I went all screaming and yelling Aunt on them, they still want me out there. Even more tear jerking is even with my strict nature and rules must be followed attitude they know I love them all dearly. Not only that but that I am the way I am with them because I love them, this out of their own mouths. Sometimes it is extremely hard. With my sister gone on I feel I have missed out on so much in their lives. Then I feel guilty being so involved in my niece's life with her living so close. I grew up with relatives far away, at least there is comfort knowing my nephews know I love them. I always questioned such with my own aunts and uncles when I was  growing up myself, and still.

Still on the emotion topic, I am now questioning a gift we got for our cousin's son, he is in second grade.  A few weeks back we were getting kids shopping done and I had hubby pick out a gift he would've loved as a kid around his age,  Hubby selected a Nerf gun. As I was wrapping the gift I begun having doubts with recent events in CT if it was a poor choice,  What would you do?

Sorry to be such a damper. Not my intention. Let's see if I can work through the tears ending on a positive note. Even with so much sorrow and sadness in the world this past year, Hubby and I have been truly blessed in our lives. Progress in so many areas I can't help but be thankful. In many ways we have beaten the odds where so many in similar situation as us have lost everything. We are blessed with treasured relationships that are bright rays of happiness both near and far. We have a roof over our head, food in our bellies, clothes on our backs and smiles when we look in each others' eyes. Most of all we have love- for each other and those with in our lives. It truly is the people in our lives that makes life so worth living.

May you find Blessings in your life, big and ever important even the small , cherishing them with each breathe and giving thanks. May you have a Joyful Christmas.

17 blogments:

Kara said...

You are obviously a crafty person! I really love that clock. What a neat idea and it looks great! :D

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness you have amazing crafting skills. I love the clock!

Joyce said...

I think the nerf gun is okay. He is still a little boy and nerfs are fun. I love that clock-what a special gift that is!

I pray your Christmas is blessed and wish you peace in the new year.

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

I love the clock too. I once did a "family tree" as a gift with all the kids, inlaws, grands and great grands as branches. It was well received.

Conny said...

Wow, such nice and thoughtful gifts you make!!!!

And bless your heart for talking your way through the sad things and being grateful for the good in the end. Hope you have a merry christmas!!

retired not tired said...

I love your crafty gifts. I know my parents would love a clock like that.

Nikki said...

I am loving that clock! haha now what state or country is Cuckoo in?

Sammie said...

thank you very much :)

Sammie said...

Thank you very much :)

Sammie said...

Thank you for your input. The more I think on it the more I will stick with it.

May your's be as well.

Sammie said...

Grandparents can be so hard to gift sometimes. I was really tickled with this idea and already have another for next year. Just need to fins a scroll saw and brave using it lol!

Sammie said...

Thank you, any gift I give be it Christmas or any other holiday, bought or made, I put a bunch of thought into!

My optimistic side refuses to allow down times overcome me, such a constant duel between the two.

Thank you and have a Merry Christmas!

Sammie said...

Thank you very much :)

Sammie said...

Thank you. Cuckoo is located in Virginia, in Louisa County, just three miles from the epicenter of the earthquake we had out here a while back.

Sammie said...

Thank you all for the comments on the clock, I am gushing and blushing here. I've been worried that I've been bias on it's outcome worrying it isn't as nice as I believe it to be! Now I can't wait till we present it to him!

Marla said...

I am proud of you for pouring out your heart on your blog. It's so tough to have family far away, especially at special times and holidays. I went through that some too when I was younger. Thankfully we have Skype, and Facebook, and blogging, and other forms of communicating that help, and are almost as good as being there... keep your chin up. Have a merry Christmas!

J.Day said...

"Cuckoo". Someone really named a town "Cuckoo"? lol

And I don't think you should question the Nerf gun. For starters, those are practically harmless fun. As long as he is taught about real guns and safety, that is what is important.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.

 
Copyright 2010 Bloggity Blog Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase