Pages

Monday, December 17

MAQM- Holidayish

Acting Balanced
1. What are your favorite h'orderves at a party?
I'm a fruit & cheese tray person when it comes to party spreads.  Though I can be found with a toothpick stabbed little sausage from time to time. 

2. What Christmas song have heard too much already?
Honestly I don't believe there is one I've heard too much. Though I have heard half a dozen versions of "Have yourself a Merry Christmas" This time of year there isn't a thing as too much. 

3. Do you have New Year's Eve plans?
I haven't thought that far ahead! Will probably be the same as every year. We stay home to keep the doggies calm due to the stupids firing of guns.  We will either watch movies and then turn channel for the countdown. Hubby has New Years Day off but not New Year's Eve. 

4. What was the best blog post you read this week?
~gulp~ I have avoided blogs and facebook this week for the most part. Partly due to finishing up homemade Christmas goodies! Then became overwhelmed with everything surrounding the Sandy Hook Tragedy. Outside of memes and hops I only wrote one post this week, well weekend.  I did receive the following via email, gave me chills and tears:

twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.
they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
they were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."
when what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
those children all flew into the arms of their King
and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
and as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe
then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"come now my children, let me show you around."
excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."
Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA 


5. Are you ready for Christmas? Or in scramble mode?
  I just have to finish wrapping stuff here. Tonight we will finish up the last gift being made, hubby is picking up some finishing touches on way home from work. Some numbers and hopefully better clock hands, yep is a clock. Originally it was to just have family's faces but with some changes to design I wanted numbers as well.  It has turned out so nice!  Minus a few errors, that I believe gives it character, it has become something better than I had hoped. I will be posting pictures once done. I find myself thankful we have a truck to transport all this stuff, two pieces are over four foot large- Wall art.  Everything would have been done two weeks ago but having to wait on free weekend and day light for hubby to do his part set us back. One day I will brave the table saw and "dangerous to me " tools.

We still need to pick up two gifts though. My dad has been hard to shop for this year, what I would like to get him is too expensive but think we have come up with a silly gift for him. For my sister, niece and myself we are all getting compound bows and Hubby will be teaching us how to use them and to hunt. Dad has been wanting a Crossbow, seeing as he couldn't pull back a compound, to join us in the bowness. So have decided to get him a Nerf Crossbow LOL.  

Then we need  a gag gift for my father in law. Anyone remember this commercial from a while back with Manning?

"You won't guess what it is in a million years" he says. My father in law gets a kick out of this. So I have some foam carved into a football shape but it opens in half to reveal a gift place nestled inside. But when wrapped it will look just like a football. Where I will write, "You won't guess in a million years."  I can hear him now teasing and joking, " I bet I know what this is." opening it then saying his typical " Doh!" with a grin.  This is where winning the lottery would be awesome for instead of some football knick knack I could put tickets to an actual game for him. Will still be fun though.

Ok enough rambling. Have a great week all! 

9 blogments:

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

I'm ready

Karen said...

What a cool idea for your father in law. LOL I never feel ready but try not to go buy more gifts.

retired not tired said...

I have finished the knitting and crocheting. Just have to wrap it all - which means putting them in bags.

Actingbalanced said...

I'm almost ready... gotta finish laundry and packing for the trip north...

Anonymous said...

I love that post... you definitely brought tears to my eyes... and I am not even a christian!!!! but in times like these it helps to believe....

and I am in stocking stuffing mode! and then wrapping next all the shopping is done!

Arlene said...

I'm ready to go right now. There is one gift that is purchased but at someone else's house for safe keeping, that won't be here till Dec. 24, but otherwise we're just waiting for the day.

Anonymous said...

ready! wrapped all my gifts yesterday

HeY J said...

I love Peyton he's my guy!! That poem was touching I have not a thing wrapped and a few bought ugh!!

blueyes said...

I'm ready and I'm actually done now since having lunch with some friends.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.

 
Copyright 2010 Bloggity Blog Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase