Last night was a restless night, though I imagine for many of Americans this was the case. Yet another tragedy thrown in our faces via news, facebook, and everywhere we turn. The most innocent of innocents attacked, children. Defenseless and vulnerable.
A metaphor has been spinning in my head. A time of winter, holidays and celebration each with our own little snow globe. You know those glass orbs filled with cherish scenes that gentle shaken stir up glitter or snow. The snob globe representing our lives, the gentle shaking typically being the hustle and bustle of the time of year. Instead our snow globes have been busted, drained and stomped upon. Someone pass me the duct tape and super glue so I can fix this shit!
Emotions have a grasp on each and everyone, I am one of the many out there. I am no parent but I feel for those parents both those whom have lost a child and those consoling the children bearing witness either by sight or sound, even action. I heard the news and busted into tears. I went to fold laundry busying my mind. Didn't work for the news still captured my TV so I changed it to a movie. Bad move it was a children's movie. More crying. Then I mistakenly turned it back to the news when they were saying it was a kindergarten class. My mind raced to my niece. Each of us are going through our own journey with these events.
As the day progressed controversy arose. Seriously people? Some blaming God, Some blaming the Devil, Some blaming the Government. Some blaming Guns and Some so distraught and confused they knew not what to say. Emotional overload high at work.
Even I was guilty self questioning how God could allow such heart wrenching, stomach turning, acts of pure evil to take place. Human Nature.
There in it's self lays the answer. This wasn't a result of God's hand or lack there of. This wasn't the result of the Devil. This wasn't the doing of the Government failing to protecting our children. Nor was it the fault of Guns or gun control. No, it was Human Nature. More specifically as humans we have the gift, or curse if you wish to call it, of Free Will. Many tend to forget this fact. Each and everyone one of us has Free Will. We can chose to use it positively or in this case chose a negative course of action. Free Will interlocks us to one another, for any action we take on the basis of Free Will affects those around us and those afar. Both good and bad.
As much as we would love someone to point the finger at the only person that blame can be put upon is the one who took their Free Will choosing to carry out this heinous act. The gunman. So before we become divided yelling at one another remember such. The pain and hurt will still be there but do not take it out on those who honestly could not prevent such from occurring Hindsight may show it was possible to prevent, but then again that is the catch with hindsight everything seems so clear.
May each find peace and comfort during this time carrying it with them always. Remembering that our actions, be they big or small, hold deep affects to all. Live everyday as you are today, not only when disaster hits close to home. Much love and Blessings I pass to each reading this and those not reading.
47 minutes ago
0 blogments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.