Pages

Monday, December 3

MQAM- December

Acting Balanced1. When was the last time you had your picture taken with Santa?
I was thinking it was last year, but opps nope was the year before.  Santa is our friend so we get to see him all year long. 

               

2. Which do you prefer - ham or turkey?

Though I like both, I love and I am vulture like with Country Ham!  


3. Do you give more to charity in December?
At times it seems that way but upon reflection  I try to spread it out all year long. Not in just the donation sense, for we rarely have the means in our pockets to give, but through assistance and labor. There are definitely more opportunities prevalent and in your face to help in December though. 


4. Which US City would you most like to visit and why?
 
Any in which my family lives in! I don't get to travel and see my family as much as I would like so given the opportunity to travel it would surely be to see family.  Outside of family I can't think of an actual city to visit just to visit. Seriously I am sitting here pondering the question and not one city is popping in my mind. 



I had a question planned to asked for this hop over the weekend and go figure it has flown the brain. 

5. What is something that someone has asked you to make for them filling you both with utter joy? 
My niece had a sleepover here  this weekend receiving the dress I had made for her last week. She had requested a Christmas Dress Up dress and went gaga when she saw it.  Instantly stripping and to put it on.  Only rendering it back so I could add some lace at the neck line. It tickles my heart how much she loves it, planning to wear it to Christmas Eve Dinner. 

This is the first "pretty" dress I have made her. I have made her some rag skirts in the past. Also some dresses out of old sheets without sewing just cutting holes and a length of it as belt. No matter the shabbiness or simplicity she is always overjoyed and so excited. Needless to say she is already asking for more dresses.  I have two others planned for her  one  I already have fabric for and the other I need to find fabric for. Bonus question: Does anyone know of decent priced website for fabric and trimmings?  Though we finally have an art and crafts store this side of town the closest fabric store is thirty plus minutes away and over priced. 


16 blogments:

retired not tired said...

I made both of my granddaughters sweaters which they wore for their visit to Santa. When Santa asked who made themthe oldest Granddaughter E said "Grammy - she knits all of the time" What a joy!

Anonymous said...

Years ago, I made dolls (Cabbage Patch type or Raggedy Ann/Andy) and sold them around Christmas time. They seemed to be popular with the recipients at the time, and I loved each one.

Nani said...

My most fun in something someone asked me to make, not that I made as a gift for the holidays, bit "had commissioned" were three different lizard-based Halloween costumes for my niece. I did a fire-breathing dragon, a Komodo Dragon and a T-Rex. We both had a ton of fun through custom creation and fittings.

Anonymous said...

Baby blankets! It is a favorite of mine to crochet and every new mom I know asks or hopes to receive one. I love making them as much as they do receiving.

Anonymous said...

no one ever asks me to make anything for them but i am trying to be crafty this christmas... so far i've made button cards, scrabble ornaments, and a wreath. i plan on making foot scrub, bath salts, and reinbeer next!

Jennifer said...

When people ask me to make or bake anything I love it! I feel like the request for help shows that they think I do something well and that's an honor!

Wayne W Smith said...

That is one awesome dress. I could see why she loved it so. Thanks for hooking up with the MQAM. See you again next week!

Sammie said...

<3 There is nothing like compliments from little ones! They are so bluntly honest!

Sammie said...

Sounds adorable. Hmmm something I've never tried, making a doll, I've made outfits for dolls but never an actual doll.

Sammie said...

Sounds like so much fun! What a reptailious occasion :)

Sammie said...

There's just something special about making blankets for new little ones in the world to keep them all comfy. I made one for a little boy I was nanny to, found out last summer from his mom he still sleeps with it! That was fourteen years ago!

Sammie said...

Reinbeer? as in a drink? I love crafty stuff, just saw recipe for birdseed ornaments!

Sammie said...

It's an awesome giddy feeling when someone wants something baked by you! Very cool!

Sammie said...

Thanks for stopping by Wayne, I am really pleased with the dress too :)

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm late coming around to the party, hope the doors aren't locked and the lights turned off!

That Christmas dress-up dress is very adorable, no WONDER she loves it.

Sammie said...

Better late than never I always say :) And my doors never close. Thank you for stopping in.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.

 
Copyright 2010 Bloggity Blog Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase