1. In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49's in the Superbowl. What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?
Honestly, I don't attend many "events" but a super happening/gathering for me is any time my niece comes over. I've been already planning and gathering for her birthday party in May, now that will be a Super event!
2. Share something you're a fan of these days?
Coconut Oil. My dear friend has introduced me to coconut oil to use on the hair as a conditioner and restorer. Oh and it is heavenly, my hair feels awesome and looks even better!
3. How do you feel about wings? In case anyone is confused, I'm talking the edible appetizer kind. What's your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other? Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?
Without a doubt Hubbys wings are the best! They are a spicy sweet balanced nicely and oh so addicting, regardless which method he uses to make them. Be it on the grill, fried or baked!
4. As long as we're talking sports today...have you followed the Lance Armstrong story? Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?
I have caught bits about it on the news, but these days I have no clue where I stand. Seems like more news gone gossip and dragging about an old bit.
5. What's a question you hate to be asked?
"what do you want for dinner?" More so when dinner is a night out or take out and I ask first what sounds good only to be returned with " what do you want?" The whole point of the night is no cooking, or decision making on my part! irks me.
6. The coaches in this Sunday's big game happen to be real life brothers. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er's and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens. Were you and your sibling(s) competitive? In what way? Are you still? If you're an only child how did you handle competition growing up?
Oh the joys of looking back at childhood. (Not really) My siblings and I had competition but not in the natural sense. Most times we were pinned against one another due to mother. As we grew thankfully that influence faded. We grew to work together as a team and put our childhood behind us really getting to know one another. Then the lost of my younger sister only strengthen the closeness of me and baby sister. Though with my baby sister she is more daughter than sister at times.
7. What's your favorite game involving a ball and when did you last play?
Does Pinball count? lol I've always enjoyed pinball games. Sports wise when my body was more able I loved playing football and soccer, even the occasional volleyball or softball game as well. These days I find such joy in simply kicking any ball around. It's been since around thanksgiving since that has occurred while out at my sister's house. We always end up on in the yard just kicking a ball back and forth. Last kick about we had five balls going .
8. Insert your own random thought here.
While I've been sick for the past week or so with this never ending transforming whatever it is, I have I spent time on the couch between reading and napping planning my niece's birthday party. I am so excited for it. Next time I see her I will make the maniquine wrap to make a true size form of her to make her princess gown. Also a second one will be used to make a small sewing body maniquine for her room, like in Cinderella. It's one of the gifts she is wanting. I have lists made of materials I need to get and started drawing out the design deciding to go more fantasy for her birthday gown making a Victorian gown for her later down the road. I also have planned a cute Kingdom Cake for her birthday. Originally was going to do just a castle cake but have decided to go with a slight hill complete with river that contained fishes and a smaller castle with her on the drawbridge. Not as grand as I was planning but the route I was planning isn't practical for her small party or the hour drive transport. When the time comes we shall see how much detail orientated I become, debating making horse and sheep to speckle the land with. Also have the party favors to make. Hubby is working to get price plan for my sister for the gift from her he is making, a custom vanity. Granted I also designed it, but hubby will make it and sister will pay and give it. At least the plans are made and now the slow process of gathering the materials and items needed so I can get started on the work. Fingers crossed niece doesn't change her mind on what she is wanting. But now time to get started on her Valentine's Skirt.

10 blogments:
My daughter made me a sugar scrub for Christmas using cocount oil and it is heavenly on the skin. I love it.
I hope you're feeling better soon. I'm slowly getting there, but whatever I've had has certainly hung on too long.
I never heard of using coconut oil in hair as a conditioner...I will have to try that.
Coconut oil in your hair? That's a new one on me, but I sure do love the smell of coconut! Hope you feel better real soon!
I love a coconut scrub. Have you tried egg on your hair or beer?
Ooh, may try the coconut oil thing. I have used coconut oil gloss stuff I bought from The Body Shop years ago and it was great.
I'm also considering trying this no shampoo thing and using vinegar & baking soda?
Hope you enjoy niece's birthday party! Sounds fun!
Oooh I need to look into the sugar scrub with coconut oil! Thank you feeling much better, just a little cough left thankfully!
It is wonderful, especially for my over processed hair!
Yep hard to believe but right there on the cooking coconut oil container it even has directions for hair and skin.
Thank you feeling much better.
Coconut has worked wonders. I've tried the egg, beer and even mayo in the past on my hair they coconut oil has worked best!
Never heard of the no shampoo thing, hmm vinegar & baking soda? All I can picture is a scalp resembling elementary school volcano project hehehe.
Thanks I am eager for niece's party, but it isn't till May lol
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.