47 minutes ago
Wednesday, January 9
HodgePodge
1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have a plan to make it happen?
Just one? lol I hope to have the living area completely finished! It's feasible, just depends on extra money to become available. The largest part is some flooring needed and cabinets built. Other than that it's just finishing touches like baseboard and trim. The past two days I did get the bathroom up to our style with just a little paint and elbow grease. This weekend I am drawing out some art pieces for in there to get hubby to cut out for me, really excited about this little extra detail.
2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?
Luckily I've never had to wear a uniform for work. Just a smock or apron, both were green.
3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'? This question comes to you courtesy ofBetty who blogs over at A Glimpse Into Midlife...everyone go say hi to Betty!
Hello Betty! Haven't had any major one's, but recently coffee pot has been on the mission of making me look like a slob. Every time I pour a glass it jumps to the counter.
4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?
Though not always successful at this, I reflect that their negativity is merely a result of their own inner turmoil or ugliness they are unwilling to heal. I respect everyone has a right to their opinions and choose to put more focus on those whom are positive. Sometimes there are one's that stick and never leave, many of those are from my childhood. Sad how twenty years plus later and words from then can hold the same if not stronger sting. The big thing is not to dwell on them.
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
Growing up my cousin, whom is a year older than I , he and I have always been mistaken as twins. Though he and I haven't seen each others in years I am not sure if that would still be true today. Though thanks to facebook we keep in touch. Thanks to facebook I also keep in touch with another cousin and theses days her and I look an awful lot alike now.
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?
Opps nope already passed. I spent it scrubbing the tub, tiles, and whole dang bathroom. Can we say super sore today! They were neglected last month.
7. Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are - Mardi Gras (New Orleans),Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), VeniceCarnival (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
This is a tough one, Rio Carnivale jumps out thinking how wonderful it would be to photograph all that excitement and color. But a Snow or ice festival sounds intriguing as well. I prefer being cold to being hot.
8. RANDOMNESS:
It's half way through the week and I feel I have been dragged half way around the world by my feet. It's amazing the muscles you use while painting and deep cleaning that you don't normally use daily. Today may just be a book and couch day. Hubby suggested such last night, he so spoils me. For now I am gonna enjoy my coffee and crossword online. Still adjusting with having no major plans ahead of me. Boy was the last of 2012 jammed packed. January should be renamed recovery month.

3 blogments:
I call January Detox Month, but same thing; recovering from December!!
If you didn't check out the pics from the Harbin Ice Festival in China you should...the color is amazing!
oh! That's what I get for pre-coffee reading! lol I didn't realize there was more than one picture! Thanks for pointing that out! Now gotta ate the Harbin Ice Festival to the list! lol
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.