2. What is the most interesting news article you read or heard about last week?
: / I've been avoiding the news for the most part.
3. Who kissed you for the first time?
Ha, stirring the old mind to access memory bank. BJ, he was a neighbor when I was in either kindergarten or first graded. He stole a kiss, on the cheek, then hit my sister with a pipe because she was watching. Oiy!
4. How much do you typically tip at a decent sit down restaurant?
It varies on the service. Typically the fifteen percent. Unless absolutely terrifying service then they are lucky to get five percent and a word with manager. I can not stand to go somewhere to eat only to be treated as forgotten or an inconvenience- hell we usually bus our own table before leaving. Most times, if we do go out , we will tip twenty to twenty five percent. With amazing servers who go above and beyond our tip can be more than our bill. As my brother in law, who works at a five star restaurant , says people shouldn't go out if they can't afford to properly tip. Hence the reason we don't go out often!
And don't forget to add a 5th Question on your own blog so we can answer as we hop around!
5. Bah Brain fart! I had a questioned planned and it poofed from my mind..... hmmm let's go with it though... When your mind slips do you have any methods to retrieve your thoughts?
11 blogments:
I always say the only exercise I get now that I am older is retracing my steps because I forgot what I came into the room for.
WOW that depends. If (and this is often) I am headed to another room to do something, and the goal/thought vanishes, I can usually go back to what I was doing and it comes to me again.
Other times...well this whole menopause and aging thing sometimes keeps me from ever remembering it. Until 3am when I'm too lazy to get a pen and write it down.
There was a study a while back on the whole forgetting something when entering another room. Saying that the doorways send a symbolic message to the mind of fresh start clearing the mind and forgetting one's intent upon entering. Which I could recall where I read about it.
I had an answer a second ago but it's gone!
I try to retrace what was going on before I forgot the thought I want to remember. (It doesn't always work)
I like your humor ;)
Ooh I have many of those middle of the night sudden rememberings!
I try to backtrack to try and remember, but I'm finding it works less and less with age :P
i have to make lists and when i forget to put something on my lists and can't remember it, it drives me insane!
Tricks to retrieve my thoughts? Not a one. Drives me crazy sometimes and a few hours later I'll remember what it was. If I know it is important I will try to write it down somewhere.
I just re-boot...so to speak.
Thanks for participating in the MQAM. Hope to see you again next week.
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.