Pages

Monday, January 14

MQAM- This and That

Acting BalancedI haven't been blogging like I would like lately, but I am so hooked on memes so here is monday's blog hop via Acting Balance: 


1. What is your favorite animal?
I can't pick one for I have had two animals I have a particular fondness to. First is the turtle. The turtle has been connected to me since birth and rightfully so. I have even created a tattoo (pic to left) surrounded on the turtle and how it represent the whole of who we are to me. One day this will be on my back if not then I will frame and put on wall lol.  The turtle is always the same regardless of where it is, keeping all characteristics with it at all time and  it's home always with it. I try to remind myself as such everyday in life.  

Secondly is the hawk. I became fascinated with hawks in my teen years always finding them close to me in the oddest of places. It didn't take long for us to be come friends. Where ever I have lived there is always a hawk close by. Currently there is a family on them that lives near by visiting outside the windows either in the trees or even on my fence. 

2. What is your favorite quote?
I keep this quote handy to remind me not to allow my past to depress me. 
"When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us".  --Alexander Graham Bell

3. What is the one trait that you have that definitely comes from one of your parents?
If by physical trait we are going physical then from my mother I have the Slovakian nose. I have had people note I am part Slovakian just because of my nose! lol 

If we are going trait in general, from my daddy I have my strong work ethics due to him. 

4. If you had a choice between going to a tropical island or a ski resort which would you choose and why?
Ski resort- I prefer being cold to being hot and sticky! Plus my bathing suit days are behind me lol. 

5th Question: You have been dropped on a magical vacant island in the middle of no where for some unknown reason, but upon washing on the shore you are greeted by a voice letting you know you will be givev three items: 
1. Any plant of your choice that will grow, regardless of needs, abundantly while on the island. 
2. A tool of your choice that will never rust, erode or lose its strength.  
3.  One item of your choice but it can be no bigger than a grapefruit.  
What three items do you choose to aid your survival. ( this question may stay with ya for a while, it is sparked by a dream I had the other night ) 

10 blogments:

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

Tough question - I'll have to think about that.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Wow, tough question. If I have 30 seconds to choose, and I assume I can't bring anything electronic, I'd say:
1. nectarine
2. hammer
3. Bible

Maybe I could sneak on my Swiss army knife, eh?

retired not tired said...

My 3 items would be a grapefruit tree, knitting needles and a journal

Karen said...

Wow! I am too sleepy to answer that, for now. I forgot about my fascination with hawks. Last wee, while on a drive, I saw 11 in a two hour trip!

Nani said...

cucumber plant, really sharp and strong scissors and a camera to take pictures of the island and the amazing cucumber plant! (I'll have fun scrapping my experience when I get home!)

Anonymous said...

1. a mango tree
2. a hammer
3. a huge box of matches

Anonymous said...

I have not idea what to answer to your question, but the others have some good answers :)

As for your hawk, they are beautiful, powerful birds, but unfortunately they prey on our chickens :(

blueyes said...

1. Banana plant
2. Hatchet
3. Glasses - because I can't see crap without my contacts and I'd assume I wouldn't be able to have a lifetime supply of contact solution.

Actingbalanced said...

1. Raspberry bush - eat the fruit and make tea from the leaves... yum!
2. One of those multi-tools they used to have back in WWI - shovel with a knife/bayonet
3. Flint & Steel

Unknown said...

1.Apple Tree
2.Machete
3.Bible

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.

 
Copyright 2010 Bloggity Blog Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase