48 minutes ago
Thursday, May 9
WHP- In the 'Hoods
1. When the children of today grow up, what do you think they'll say about this period in time? What do you most hope they remember?
Loaded question here, I fear I am at a lost on this pondering. I know for myself when I look back to childhood, I find myself wishing I paid greater attention. Though for children of today there is so much more that has occurred with the combined outlets of hearing of events.
As for hopes of what they will remember, that though the actions of a few "evil minded" many came together at various times to do good. The unity of human kindness emerges in darkness.
2. National Teacher's Day is celebrated in the US of A on the first Tuesday in May, this year May 7th...share how a particular teacher positively impacted you.
I had several teachers that impacted me greatly. Though in large I have many fond memories and thanks to the Art Department Teachers during high school years. Though they never fully pried they knew something was quit right at home and would tend to me kindly. Both in giving me refuges in the art room on rough days to encouraging though indirect words of advice. In truth I think they molded me more than they may ever know .
3. What's a dish your mama made, that if set in front of you today would whisk you right back to childhood?
I was going to pass this question, for going back to childhood can be counterproductive especially when involving my mother. But a pot of tea served beside a dainty tea cup with butter toast takes me back. Despite the darkness that surrounds childhood my mother did make being sick less like being sick but rather a party in a way. We had special sheets that would be set up on the couch, along with our favorite pillow and blanket, sometimes we would get to wear special jammies as well, a small table along with bucket, tissues or what ever else there was need of.
4. Mother May I was a game we played when I was growing up...no pieces, parts, or plugs required. What games from childhood do you remember loving that were also pieces, parts, and plug-free?
Red Rover. Ahh many of giggles could be found when playing this game. Also TV/Themed freeze tag. We would have some off the wall themes for that game like favorite color food. You would have to say a color with a food. At the pool Sharks and Minnows was a huge favorite as well.
5. Besides your own mother, tell us about a woman who influenced you as a child?
My now mother in law. Though that was more towards high school years she was ever more present. Always so subtle with simple encouragements and advice.
6. Mamma Mia! What's the best play or musical you've ever seen?
I adore musicals! Though I have yet to see one on stage. Some of my favorites include Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, My Fair Lady, Moulin Rouge, and RENT.
7. What are three smells that make you feel nostalgic?
Spring Rain, Ocean Breeze, Sandalwood
8. Random:
I've been on a Jane Austen kick as of late. Be it reading her novels, watching movies of them or more recently reading books inspired by characters or the author herself. Currently I am reading Jane Fairfax by Joan Aiken, only reiterating my annoyance with the character Emma. So when I am not reading or watching/listening my mind begins to ponder who people in my life are most like compared to the characters of Jane Austen. I find I love doing this with book characters, plays, movies and even television series. Am I only in this? Does anyone else do the same? I am sure very few do. It is a nice way to pass the time while doing mundane tasks such as dishes or laundry.

0 blogments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.