They say you can’t judge a book by its cover, but there’s no question that it can make a difference! What book(s) have your favorite covers? Something that’s perfect for the story, the tone, the colors, the mood…And did you pick up the book BECAUSE of the cover? Or were you going to read it anyway, and the cover was just serendipitous?

I don't really have any favorite book covers. I tend to be drawn to those that instantly put a spark in my mind , making me ask questions, transports me to another place, or empathize with the image on the cover. I prefer covers that have muted colors or a haze to them enticing that dream like fantasy state for me. Though I can't turn away from bold empowering covers either. It all depends on my mood at the time.
I am guilty of snatching a book up solely based on the cover. What really sparked this happening for me was to expand my reading from certain authors and genres. One could say it is the book equivalent of flipping a coin. I have lined this post with a few images of books picked up solely due to the cover. Usually just a title can draw me in, again it depends on my mood at the time.



4 blogments:
I agree the title is more important but I do sometimes get caught by covers too.
Here's mine
I like a good and attractive cover, that catches my eye.
http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/booking-through-thursday_18.html
All lovely covers!
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/10/booking-through-thursday_18.html
I can tell you like historical fiction based on the covers alone. ;)
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.