If your house was burning down and you could save just one book from your collection … what would it be? (And, for the purposes of this discussion, we’ll allow series to count as “one” long, multi-volume book.)
I am actually torn between two options here, especially with the "allow series to count" add on to the question. My initial knee jerk response is The Mists of Avalon By Marion Zimmer Bradley, this is one of the first books I purchased myself for pleasure reading while in junior high school. This book has made the journey through countless moves and travel. It is a lengthy book and one I can read over and over, I read it at least a dozen times throughout high school as it is.
The other option is the Friarsgate Inheritance Series By Beatrice Small , a four book series I have enjoyed countless times each time gaining something new from it. In the case of going through the struggle and disbelief of a fire ordeal this series could easily lift the spirits reminding me that through struggle good things can happen. As well as that life is a cycle of trials and tribulations.
3 blogments:
They sound like good choices...those books that mean something special.
Here's MY BTT POST
Sentimental value means a lot.
http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/booking-through-thursday.html
Sounds like the right decision.
http://citygirlwholovestoread.blogspot.com/2012/10/booking-through-thursday.html
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.