Do you bring the book(s) you’re reading with you when you go out? How? Physically, or in an e-reader of some kind? Have your habits in this regard changed? (I know I carried books with me more when I was in school than I do now–I can’t read while I’m driving to work, after all.)
Typically if I am in the middle of reading a book where I go it goes right beside me. I tote the book right there with me. I have yet to join the e-reader "club" (don't laugh I just joined the cell phone world about two years ago) there is a magic that I feel would be lost not holding the book in my hand. There is something about your fingers blindly reaching for the corner of the next page in anticipation to carry on while still in the process of reading. Almost as if by gently grasping you remain connected to that other world. I wouldn't say my habits have changed much over the years, other than I seem to read even more now and expanding the genres I read. Plus I read when ever I can.

5 blogments:
Ha-ha...I only got an e-reader two years ago, and that's because my daughter gave it to me.
Here's MY BTT POST
That's great, enjoying your books.
http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/09/booking-through-thursday_27.html
I agree. I'm not a fan of the ereaders, either
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/09/booking-through-thursday_27.html
I'm okay with an e-reader, especially when flying, but I still like the feel of a 'real' book in my hands. My BTT:
http://wcs53.wordpress.com/2012/09/27/booking-through-thursday-carry-ons-september-27/
I guess in retrospect I have used an e-reader a few times. Right after I first got my cell phone. It came in very handy actually. I was visiting my sister and niece , my niece wanted me to lay with her as she fell asleep. She asked me for a story, usually I would make one up for her but was utterly exhausted. Remembering that I was playing with the Kindle App on my phone and had downloaded some classic tales collection I opened it up and begun to read the story of One Eye, Two Eyes, and Three Eyes to her. She didn't make it all the way through the story before giving in to her dreams. For a long time she would ask for the "eye story". Still greatly prefer traditional book format for reading though it is nice to have easy access.
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :) Though I may not reply to each individual comment I do read all of them.